Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Got a pair of adidas adizero adios 5 there before Xmas in my usual size 10 (Brooks/Nike).
    The fit of the adios 5 seems way too small and while they "fit" the foot is way too stangulated in them.

Before I return them is there a consensus on what size up one should go? Half a size up or a full size up?

Go with European size. You'll notice that for equivalent European size you probably need to go up a full UK size in adidas.
    Adidas are typically narrow in the toe box. I have a few pairs of adizero where they are slightly longer than I'd usually have, to allow more room in terms of toe box width

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Got a pair of adidas adizero adios 5 there before Xmas in my usual size 10 (Brooks/Nike).
    The fit of the adios 5 seems way too small and while they "fit" the foot is way too stangulated in them.

Before I return them is there a consensus on what size up one should go? Half a size up or a full size up?
    If you look at the EU size on your Nike they will be 45 for UK10. While your Adidas will be something like 44 2/3 so I'd always go half a size up in UK sizing when buying Adidas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Yep, I found the sizing label a bit confusing but assumed that the FR label was the European size.

A9wcZDW.png

Are the adios 5 meant to be really tight fitting in your correct size?
    I'm usually a 45 in Euro sizing so if the 44 2/3 feels really squashed I guess I should aim for 46 minimum or maybe 47 if they have them.

I guess if adidas have similar fit across their shoes I could go to a shop and try some adidas on to check size even if that's a bit sneaky. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

All those Nike app discounts will be worthless!!

Alltricks I was sceptical about but they worked out well for me with the endorphins.

Do we have any idea yet what the extra tariffs and charges might come to?

I'm well stocked for runners for the next few months anyway but always keen on a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Cartman78 wrote: »
    All those Nike app discounts will be worthless!!

Alltricks I was sceptical about but they worked out well for me with the endorphins.

Do we have any idea yet what the extra tariffs and charges might come to?

I'm well stocked for runners for the next few months anyway but always keen on a good deal
    Aren't Nike and Adidas based in central Europe? I know I'm returning Adidas as soon as the post office opens to Germany. Once you order from the nike.ie, adidas.ie, etc and not .co.uk I don't see what the problem is. All those Nike discount codes will still work. Delivery might be an extra day or two but that doesn't really matter.

• Advertisement

Dudda wrote: »
    Aren't Nike and Adidas based in central Europe? I know I'm returning Adidas as soon as the post office opens to Germany. Once you order from the nike.ie, adidas.ie, etc and not .co.uk I don't see what the problem is. All those Nike discount codes will still work. Delivery might be an extra day or two but that doesn't really matter.

Most of the Nike stuff I've ordered comes from Germany and Asics seems to come from Holland but all the parcels are routed via the UK so I think that will be an issue, unless the companies start shipping directly to Ireland (I'm totally open to correction on this btw....I stopped trying to make sense of Brexit about 12 months ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Hey folks. My brother in law is in the market for a pair of trail runners. He's only starting really. Budget of up to 100 euro. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hey folks. My brother in law is in the market for a pair of trail runners. He's only starting really. Budget of up to 100 euro. Any recommendations?

Saucony Peregrines 10's ??
    Try Deporvillage...
    Great grip..not the lightest though.
    At the fear of repeating myself, I really enjoy running in Sauconys..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

As above Peregrines are good. I had a pair of Brooks Cascadias, heavy but great grip and they will last for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 15,419 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Picked up a pair of Nike React Miler's in their online sale (€78.47). Went for a 10k run in them at lunchtime and I've a new favourite shoe. Solid construction, good but firmish cushioning, feel very steady. Should get a fair amount of mileage out of them.
    Would buy a second pair but already bought a Nike React Infinity this month and herself would not be impressed with a third runner purchase in as many weeks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Runners inn have the Nike Pegasus Trail 2 for 95 euro. The colour might not suit everyone. I don't have them myself but one of my friends who's a pretty decent mountain/trail runner loves them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

2020 that's a wrap

134129904_10222358640549198_4844055019602722388_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=s1vc724DxFMAX9zFxuZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=b38b6192ffb5d0c179b2759e8b299433&oe=6012EAD4
    134317668_10222358640509197_3778180240620143832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=_XZvxZUN33YAX-oeCN5&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=d00700f05f1212095f0bd27007cd1344&oe=6013C5B1

34 pairs for me.
    11 introduced this year.
    Spent almost 50% of my mileage in 4 pairs (Razor 3 - 520 miles, Run Fast - 403 miles, Endorphin Speed - 315 miles, Next% - 306 miles).
    Shoe of the year for me - Endorphin Speed.
    2021 - need to retire about 25% of these in the first quarter and open a few more boxes (more Speeds, more Run Fast, more Razors)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    2020 that's a wrap

34 pairs for me.
    11 introduced this year.
    Spent almost 50% of my mileage in 4 pairs (Razor 3 - 520 miles, Run Fast - 403 miles, Endorphin Speed - 315 miles, Next% - 306 miles).
    Shoe of the year for me - Endorphin Speed.
    2021 - need to retire about 25% of these in the first quarter and open a few more boxes (more Speeds, more Run Fast, more Razors)

Is there any particular reason for the lack of Asics?

I've always liked their flats and now considering the MetaRacer as my intro to carbon plate shoes (mainly because it looks more like a traditional flat).

Sacksian wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason for the lack of Asics?

I've always liked their flats and now considering the MetaRacer as my intro to carbon plate shoes (mainly because it looks more like a traditional flat).

Burned through a few Asics back in the day with the ol' big toe popping through the upper, but I am interested in the MetaRacer, let me know how it goes if you pull the trigger.

Your lowest mileage show, the pearl izumi, I had a pair and fell in love with them. Was gutted when I went to replace them and found out they no longer made any sort of trail shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Slideways wrote: »
    Your lowest mileage show, the pearl izumi, I had a pair and fell in love with them. Was gutted when I went to replace them and found out they no longer made any sort of trail shoe.

Pearl Izumi was my sub 3 shoe so it will always have a special place in my running history. Then they stopped making running stuff altogether........

Clinging on to a few pairs of Pearl Izumis, great multipurpose travel shoe, casual plus the odd run, probably why it has so few miles.
    They made great shoes and clothing for running, pity they scaled back and dropping their running/tri range.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭MiketheMechanic

Hi all,
    Happy New (running) Year
    long time lurker - first time poster on this thread ;-)

I've read a lot here about the Endorphin Speed and fancy trying a pair.

In terms of sizing, what are they like?

For example, I've always worn Brooks (GTS, Ravenna etc.) In Brooks, I take a size 10.5 UK, 11.5 US, 45.5 EUR

My normal everyday casual shoes would be a size 10 UK max

I'm also one of those freaks LOL, whose second toe is ever-so-slightly longer than the big toe. So when running downhill, or pushing the pace in a race, I need a bit of extra room in the toebox.

So, do the Endorphin Speed fit true to size?
    Also, where can i order them online reliably?

Any help appreciated?
    MtM

Hi Mike, they fit me true to size. I also have the piggy that stayed at home longer than the one that went to the market

Following on from a recommendation here I have been buying mine from Startfitness, a UK based site. Not sure how that will work out now though?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Hi all,
    Happy New (running) Year
    long time lurker - first time poster on this thread ;-)

I've read a lot here about the Endorphin Speed and fancy trying a pair.

In terms of sizing, what are they like?

For example, I've always worn Brooks (GTS, Ravenna etc.) In Brooks, I take a size 10.5 UK, 11.5 US, 45.5 EUR

My normal everyday casual shoes would be a size 10 UK max

I'm also one of those freaks LOL, whose second toe is ever-so-slightly longer than the big toe. So when running downhill, or pushing the pace in a race, I need a bit of extra room in the toebox.

So, do the Endorphin Speed fit true to size?
    Also, where can i order them online reliably?

Any help appreciated?
    MtM

I also pick up a pair just before xmas. Fornref i wore uk 10 in Nike and the uk 10 Speed are perfect fit.
    I bought mine on line form Amphibian King.
    Im not sure what impact Brexit is having at the moment but I've used Sports shoe and Startfitness over the years and never had an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Supercell wrote: »
    Picked up a pair of Nike React Miler's in their online sale (€78.47). Went for a 10k run in them at lunchtime and I've a new favourite shoe. Solid construction, good but firmish cushioning, feel very steady. Should get a fair amount of mileage out of them.
    Would buy a second pair but already bought a Nike React Infinity this month and herself would not be impressed with a third runner purchase in as many weeks.

Big fan of these myself. Great cushioning but not as squishy as other React shoes. Stable too without overdoing it.

Is there much difference between Pegasus and React Miller?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is there much difference between Pegasus and React Miller?

ENORMOUS.

Caveat: I only have the Peg 36's, not the new react based 37's, but I find the Peg's generally a relatively firm, lively daily trainer capable of tempo's and speed sessions as well as reasonably long runs, but I definitely find them better for days where I want to push myself slightly. The Miler's, by comparison are relative couches. Super cushy, sturdy, really enjoyable for days where I want to go on a long, easy run with a good podcast and not watch the watch.

Adidas have a sale on their website at the moment. Probably the best deal is the very versatile SL20 for 65 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

MY BAD wrote: »
    Adidas have a sale on their website at the moment. Probably the best deal is the very versatile SL20 for 65 euro .

Tempted by this as I need a second pair to rotate with Nike Infinity Reacts I'm currently doing my daily run in. Are SL60 an ok shoe for recovery runs - 4-6 miles on road/pavement? Also tempted because I haven't run in an Adidas shoe before, so am curious to try a pair. I am a neutral pronator for what that matters. Thanks.

Slideways wrote: »
    Hi Mike, they fit me true to size. I also have the piggy that stayed at home longer than the one that went to the market

Following on from a recommendation here I have been buying mine from Startfitness, a UK based site. Not sure how that will work out now though?

Thanks @Slideway.
    I see that Startfitness have stock, but I'm wary of buying from the UK until we figure out if we'll be hit with extra vat and duties etc.

I ordered a pair from Amphibian King yesterday, but they were in touch today to say that they are out of stock.

Do you know of any non-UK site that might stock these?
    MtM

Ceepo wrote: »
    I also pick up a pair just before xmas. Fornref i wore uk 10 in Nike and the uk 10 Speed are perfect fit.
    I bought mine on line form Amphibian King.
    Im not sure what impact Brexit is having at the moment but I've used Sports shoe and Startfitness over the years and never had an issue.

Thanks for this.

I notice that a site called Alltricks.com seem to have them from early next week.
    Are they reliable? Where do the shoes ship from? Is it France? What are delivery times like?

MtM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Thanks for this.

I notice that a site called Alltricks.com seem to have them from early next week.
    Are they reliable? Where do the shoes ship from? Is it France? What are delivery times like?

MtM

I ordered a pair of Asics Novablasts in Nov from this site, 1st time ordering. Had them in 7 days, as far as I know they ship from France but I could be wrong. They were the cheapest at the time but also had better colour choices than other websites. I would definitely order from them again.

tmh106 wrote: »
    Tempted by this as I need a second pair to rotate with Nike Infinity Reacts I'm currently doing my daily run in. Are SL60 an ok shoe for recovery runs - 4-6 miles on road/pavement? Also tempted because I haven't run in an Adidas shoe before, so am curious to try a pair. I am a neutral pronator for what that matters. Thanks.

TBH I don't have them I'm just going on reviews but I don't know if they are suited to recovery runs. I think they are best suited for sessions, tempos, and a daily trainer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

MY BAD wrote: »
    TBH I don't have them I'm just going on reviews but I don't know if they are suited to recovery runs. I think they are best suited for sessions, tempos, and a daily trainer

Just to further this, the Infinity Reacts are great for recovery. I'd nearly get the SL's for tempo sessions (like the previous posters, I've not used them but based on reviews) and keep the Infinity's for long runs and recovery days.

Advertisement