Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Thanks for this.

I notice that a site called Alltricks.com seem to have them from early next week.
    Are they reliable? Where do the shoes ship from? Is it France? What are delivery times like?

MtM

Alltricks are legit - owned by Decathlon - from EU, so al good on delivery. I ordered a pair of Pegasus 37s from them and delivered within a week. Their price was cheaper than Nike at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

I've used Alltricks during the summer. No problems with them. But might take a day or two longto deliver with Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

tmh106 wrote: »
    Tempted by this as I need a second pair to rotate with Nike Infinity Reacts I'm currently doing my daily run in. Are SL60 an ok shoe for recovery runs - 4-6 miles on road/pavement? Also tempted because I haven't run in an Adidas shoe before, so am curious to try a pair. I am a neutral pronator for what that matters. Thanks.

I have the SL20 shoes. They are light and snappy. Suited towards reps, interval sessions and something you could certainly race in up to the 10km distance. I would give them a big thumbs up for this. I previously used the Adidas Bostons for this kind of thing but prefer the SL20.

You could use them for short recovery runs but they don't offer a huge amount of cushioning so there are plenty of better options. I wouldn't use them for long runs. They are def best for the faster stuff in my opinion.

Im normally a UK 9 (nike, Saucony, Asics), but like most others, need a half a size up (UK 9.5) in Adidas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

An unlikely source, but M&M direct have the SL20's in stock for €66 too and a rake of well priced Ultraboost's for those searching

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

An unlikely source, but M&M direct have the SL20's in stock for €66 too and a rake of well priced Ultraboost's for those searching

M&M direct are well worth keeping an eye on for deals. I've picked up the Adidas sub 2 there and there have been several other deals last year that I passed on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭tmh106

Thanks to all who replied to my question on SL20'S - very helpful. Based on replies, I'll probably skip on these as I'm looking for a shoe better suited to slow, steady recovery runs of varying lengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Took my Boston 8's out for their third run today and last.

God I hate running in them.

4Ad wrote: »

Same here. I can't warm to them or think of any style of run I'd want to wear them

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I see startfitness has kept the same price for runners as before brexit.

They lower the original price but then increase the VAT and delivery cost to cover it, so works out the same

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    2020 that's a wrap

134129904_10222358640549198_4844055019602722388_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=s1vc724DxFMAX9zFxuZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=b38b6192ffb5d0c179b2759e8b299433&oe=6012EAD4
    134317668_10222358640509197_3778180240620143832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=b9115d&_nc_ohc=_XZvxZUN33YAX-oeCN5&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=d00700f05f1212095f0bd27007cd1344&oe=6013C5B1

34 pairs for me.
    11 introduced this year.
    Spent almost 50% of my mileage in 4 pairs (Razor 3 - 520 miles, Run Fast - 403 miles, Endorphin Speed - 315 miles, Next% - 306 miles).
    Shoe of the year for me - Endorphin Speed.
    2021 - need to retire about 25% of these in the first quarter and open a few more boxes (more Speeds, more Run Fast, more Razors)

Hey Beep. Given your huge supply of runners would you be willing to list off some of your favourite sites to buy from? I think we could all benefit from that list if you'd be willing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Hey Beep. Given your huge supply of runners would you be willing to list off some of your favourite sites to buy from? I think we could all benefit from that list if you'd be willing.

Listed where I purchased all of those, mixed bag, driven by discounts or a shoe I really want.

Start Fitness x 4
    Adidas x 4
    Nike x 3
    Sports Room x 3
    Reebok x 3
    Amphibian King x 2
    Saucony x 2
    Saucony Outlet
    Boston Expo
    Forrunnersbyrunners
    Skechers
    Running Warehouse
    Nike Outlet
    New Balance
    Top 4 Running
    Puma Outlet
    Pro-Direct Sports
    Alexandra Sports
    Sports Shoes
    General Outlet
    Add Nature

Fantastic. Thanks a mill for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

4Ad wrote: »

Different strokes obviously.
    I'm a bit of a sneaker nerd, not quite 36 pairs but I'd have about 8 pairs on the go at any given time,
    I love the Boston 8s, if you asked me to keep only one pair it would be them.

Question for the endorphin speed lovers, would that be a suitable shoe for a marathon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Different strokes obviously.
    I'm a bit of a sneaker nerd, not quite 36 pairs but I'd have about 8 pairs on the go at any given time,
    I love the Boston 8s, if you asked me to keep only one pair it would be them.

Question for the endorphin speed lovers, would that be a suitable shoe for a marathon?

I would definitely use them myself..Comfortable and great energy return..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Slideways

Yeah, for sure. I have the Shift, Speed and Pro and I would pick the speed for mara, prob the pro for half and shorter. The shift I wear when walking to the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Slideways wrote: »
    Yeah, for sure. I have the Shift, Speed and Pro and I would pick the speed for mara, prob the pro for half and shorter. The shift I wear when walking to the shops

Are the shift not worth it for running?

eposhea wrote: »
    Are the shift not worth it for running?

Different strokes for different folks but I’d say no. I do run in them occasionally but the 4mm drop is just a bit low and tends to fatigue my calves/achilles unlike any other shoes I normally wear.

I’m sure some may have worn them and loved them but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone sing their praises on this thread

Slideways wrote: »
    Different strokes for different folks but I’d say no. I do run in them occasionally but the 4mm drop is just a bit low and tends to fatigue my calves/achilles unlike any other shoes I normally wear.

I’m sure some may have worn them and loved them but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone sing their praises on this thread

I have the Shift also and tend to agree, have barely used, too much shoe for me.
    Tried to 'shift' them, but will probably use for slow-paced, short recovery runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

M&M direct are well worth keeping an eye on for deals. I've picked up the Adidas sub 2 there and there have been several other deals last year that I passed on.

Seems to be a new drop of Addidas and Puma on MandM today...not familiar with them myself tbh but might be useful for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rossi7

I have the Shift also and tend to agree, have barely used, too much shoe for me.
    Tried to 'shift' them, but will probably use for slow-paced, short recovery runs.

Would the Endorphin Speed be similar to the Peg Turbo 2 do you know

• Advertisement

Rossi7 wrote: »

I've never used the Peg Turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

I would say no.
    For me anyway the turbo was always an easy day trainer with maybe a bit of light tempo.
    The Speed can do everything from an all out 5km to a long easy slow run.
    That’s my experience anyway. I’d nearly go as far to say I can’t see any reason (for me)to buy any other trainer than the Endorphin Speed it’s really that good and I love it that much.
    I’ve two pairs in rotation and another in the wardrobe with tags still on them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

No the turbo 2 is soft and flexible while the speed is more solid and responsive

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

I agree, I'm only using for short easy runs. Took a while to get used to the bulk and they still feel just a bit too stiff and heavy to go longer.

I ran a marathon in them, easy pace for my partners 40th and my calves were stuffed afterwards. To be fair, I was probably very undercooked for that distance haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Anyone recommend a shoe for a slower run for longer tempo & marathon effort pace runs that might eventually be a marathon race shoe if that isn't too much to ask for in one shoe? Something with a bit of durability, I'd like to be getting 250-300 miles from them.

Neutral runner, I wear Brooks Ghost 13 or Nike React Miler for easy/easy long runs, I wear Nike Turbo 2 for faster sessions (though I preferred the original Turbo :(). I've been wearing Reebox Floatride Energy 2.0 for tempos but they need replacing and I'm a tad bored of them.

TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

ariana` wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a shoe for a slower run for longer tempo & marathon effort pace runs that might eventually be a marathon race shoe if that isn't too much to ask for in one shoe? Something with a bit of durability, I'd like to be getting 250-300 miles from them.

Neutral runner, I wear Brooks Ghost 13 or Nike React Miler for easy/easy long runs, I wear Nike Turbo 2 for faster sessions (though I preferred the original Turbo :(). I've been wearing Reebox Floatride Energy 2.0 for tempos but they need replacing and I'm a tad bored of them.

I've done a good few of my MP long runs in the New Balance Fuelcell TC. I wouldn't race in them as they'd just be a bit on the heavy side compared to some of the alternatives out there, but they're a nice shoe. Not sure if you've ran in any of the carbon plated offerings before, but they do take a bit of getting used to, and wouldn't be the most stable shoe I've ran in at slower paces. But for MP stuff and LR's they're great. Pretty durable too.

healy1835 wrote: »
    I've done a good few of my MP long runs in the New Balance Fuelcell TC. I wouldn't race in them as they'd just be a bit on the heavy side compared to some of the alternatives out there, but they're a nice shoe. Not sure if you've ran in any of the carbon plated offerings before, but they do take a bit of getting used to, and wouldn't be the most stable shoe I've ran in at slower paces. But for MP stuff and LR's they're great. Pretty durable too.

Thanks for the reply. No i haven't ran in any carbon plate shoe or in a traditional racing flat either :o I never really considered myself as being at a level that merited a certain type of shoe for different runs / races until I bought the original Turbo in the middle of 2019 and realised the difference that a lighter shoe can make. That was my "racing" shoe through 2019 & it stood me well up to HM distance which is what I was doing then. But i don't love the Turbo 2 as much and can't see it as a long tempo or marathon shoe for me. I'll read up on the NB Fuelcell TC thanks, i heard of it a while back on a couple of logs here but it had dropped off the radar recently.

ariana` wrote: »

Time you started thinking of yourself as someone who merits having decent shoes and not just that but ones in rotation for different styles of running! You're a serious runner now E. No excuses!

Its timely you asked that as I was thinking its the very style of shoe I'd like in my collection - longer tempo/MP runs plus a potential marathon race shoe. I did a lot of research! At the moment I use Adizero Adios 4 for longer sessions. Would use the Endorphin Pro if running a marathon tomorrow.

A lot of it boils down to whether you're happy training in a carbon plate. Any time I wear a carbon plated shoe in training I feel like Ive cheated a little as the session always feels easier than if i'd run in a "normal shoe". I also like to save that carbon plated pop feeling for race day as an added psychological bonus.

Some popular carbon plated shoes that fit your needs - NB Fuelcell TC, Endorphin Speed, Endorphin Pro, Adios Pro, Nike Tempo Next%, Asics Metaracer , Hoka Rocket X or Carbon X.
    The adizero pro look nice too and a little cheaper than the adios pro.

Would be slow to buy adidas unless you've experience in them. They're an acquired taste.

What's your budget....:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Haven't worn carbon plated shoes and I'm in two minds about them. I get what you say about saving a bit of 'pop' for race day, that definitely appeals to me too. But I read a lot of the fast guys around these parts talk about energy return and bouncing back from big runs quicker with them which is also appealing - I don't want to be flogging myself doing tempo/marathon pace runs in big clunky daily trainers like the ghosts/react milers and taking 2-3 days to recover if there's a better way.

I've worn a couple of Adidas but more the daily trainer variety - supernova / boost or something along those lines. Liked them very well too at the time.

I don't mind spending a bit more than usual for a reasonably durable pair of trainers, 100-200km shoes that cost €300 don't really appeal right now.

Advertisement