Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

ariana` wrote: »
    Haven't worn carbon plated shoes and I'm in two minds about them. I get what you say about saving a bit of 'pop' for race day, that definitely appeals to me too. But I read a lot of the fast guys around these parts talk about energy return and bouncing back from big runs quicker with them which is also appealing - I don't want to be flogging myself doing tempo/marathon pace runs in big clunky daily trainers like the ghosts/react milers and taking 2-3 days to recover if there's a better way.

I've worn a couple of Adidas but more the daily trainer variety - supernova / boost or something along those lines. Liked them very well too at the time.

I don't mind spending a bit more than usual for a reasonably durable pair of trainers, 100-200km shoes that cost €300 don't really appeal right now.

My first pair of Endorphin Speed were €180 and I’ve 700km on them and still wear them. Picked up my 2nd and 3rd pair on Amazon for €157 each.
    They are a nylon plated shoe though not a carbon plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Haven't worn carbon plated shoes and I'm in two minds about them. I get what you say about saving a bit of 'pop' for race day, that definitely appeals to me too. But I read a lot of the fast guys around these parts talk about energy return and bouncing back from big runs quicker with them which is also appealing - I don't want to be flogging myself doing tempo/marathon pace runs in big clunky daily trainers like the ghosts/react milers and taking 2-3 days to recover if there's a better way.

I've worn a couple of Adidas but more the daily trainer variety - supernova / boost or something along those lines. Liked them very well too at the time.

I don't mind spending a bit more than usual for a reasonably durable pair of trainers, 100-200km shoes that cost €300 don't really appeal right now.

I definitely get what you mean in relation to wearing heavy clunky daily trainers for tempo runs. You'll see a lot of the folks on here have various shoes in rotation for specific runs. I have easy run runners that I would never wear for anything else. I have session runners that I would never wear for anything else. So its worth getting a specific shoe for MP/Tempo running and just use it for that. And then separately invest in a Marathon Shoe for racing only. ;)

Endorphin speed are getting nothing but positive reviews.

Edit: just to add the hoka are known for durability. Rocket or carbon x. But other things to consider there like the low drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I’m sold, was difficult to find them but I was able to order the Endorphin speed in my size from a shop in Waterford

Alltricks have 20% off with the code RUNNING2020. Some serious deals to be had. Endorphin Speed for 144 euro. Hoke Carbon X for same. Didn't look much more but plenty of others there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Alltricks have 20% off with the code RUNNING2020. Some serious deals to be had. Endorphin Speed for 144 euro. Hoke Carbon X for same. Didn't look much more but plenty of others there too.

God damn you P! :D

• Advertisement

God damn you P! :D

God damn me is right.......

I ain't buying... I am done....

God damn me is right.......

I ain't buying... I am done....

But apparently i'm not... just purchased :p

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Went for a pair myself after all the positive talk about them here (using their 20% off they had earlier in the week, so hopefully will have them earliest tomorrow, but most likely Monday). Have a pair of Triumphs so hoping that they are similar in sizing! Couldn’t say no at that price and it will be an early birthday present for myself! Been itching for a new pair.

Will have to have a second look there to see if there is anything worth stockpiling in with the new code.....

But apparently i'm not... just purchased :p

The Speeds?

racersedge wrote: »
    Went for a pair myself after all the positive talk about them here (using their 20% off they had earlier in the week, so hopefully will have them earliest tomorrow, but most likely Monday). Have a pair of Triumphs so hoping that they are similar in sizing! Couldn’t say no at that price and it will be an early birthday present for myself! Been itching for a new pair.

Will have to have a second look there to see if there is anything worth stockpiling in with the new code.....

I haven't yet seen someone say to size up or down. I sized up a half size on the pro but there was no need. They're true to size I think.

• Advertisement

The Speeds?

Yep...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Thanks, just ordered another pair of Speeds. Might need to make them as dirty as the other pair to avoid questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just ordered a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 3, to see what all this carbon plate fuss is about. They are reduced to €112 on the Nike site now. And none of the other shoes mentioned above are available in the right size for my clown shoe sized feet!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Thanks, just ordered another pair of Speeds. Might need to make them as dirty as the other pair to avoid questions :)

Speeds gone in my size....prob by someone in this chat by the looks of it!! :D:D

Good discounts tho!

Would love to know how much total money I've made Nike, Adidas and Saucony over the past year.....I really should be on commission.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Noticed a few people purchased the Nike React Miler recently, just wondering how you have found them?.

I'm a loyal Saucony fan but thinking of giving these a go. Currently doing a lot of miles in Saucony guide 13's which I've been very happy with. Like the lighter side of stability range of shoes.

FYI - these are currently on sale on Nike website, with an additional 15% for members.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AhhHere

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Noticed a few people purchased the Nike React Miler recently, just wondering how you have found them?.

I'm a loyal Saucony fan but thinking of giving these a go. Currently doing a lot of miles in Saucony guide 13's which I've been very happy with. Like the lighter side of stability range of shoes.

FYI - these are currently on sale on Nike website, with an additional 15% for members.

I picked up a pair in the sale and went out in them yesterday. A poster here said they are great for LSR and I'd agree. I was concerned about the weight but didn't find them too bad in reality. I think they weight around the same as the mizuno waves (which can rot in hell) but they performed much better.

I did a few ultras last year and was thinking on my run, I wish I had the Milers for them. The cushioning is amazing without losing support. Overalll it's a thumbs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

cmac2009 wrote: »

I like them for easy runs or even easy long runs, they're very comfortable and they just seemed to fit very nice, no fiddling with the tongue or laces like I have do in some other shoes and a nice roomy toebox. They have a nice bit of stability in a neutral shoe. I bought a 2nd pair in the black Friday sale for around €78, they tend to be discounted on Elverys online also.

They compare favourably to both Brooks Ghost 13 and Asics Cumulus which are my other easy run shoes, I'd put them top of those 3. I can't compare them to Saucony Guides as I haven't worn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AhhHere

I like them for easy runs or even easy long runs, they're very comfortable and they just seemed to fit very nice, no fiddling with the tongue or laces like I have do in some other shoes and a nice roomy toebox. They have a nice bit of stability in a neutral shoe. I bought a 2nd pair in the black Friday sale for around €78, they tend to be discounted on Elverys online also.

They compare favourably to both Brooks Ghost 13 and Asics Cumulus which are my other easy run shoes, I'd put them top of those 3. I can't compare them to Saucony Guides as I haven't worn them.

For comparison, mine were 78 euro too in the recent sale. Agree about the toe box having space. I got a half size up and no issues with slipping too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

MY BAD wrote: »
    Nike streak 7 on sportshoes .com for 74 euro. This shoe is probably out of fashion now compared to other Nike racers but that's a good price for a great shoe.
    I ordered these myself to replace my Adidas Adizero Adios 3 which are still in very good nick after 400km. No extra custom charges on the Streak 7s with delivery from An Post.

I think I'll get a few more hundred kilometres out of my adios 3. A bit of wear showing on the mid foot but every where else very good for a light racing shoe.
    Screenshot-20210108-113923-Whats-App.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

AhhHere wrote: »
    I picked up a pair in the sale and went out in them yesterday. A poster here said they are great for LSR and I'd agree. I was concerned about the weight but didn't find them too bad in reality. I think they weight around the same as the mizuno waves (which can rot in hell) but they performed much better.

I did a few ultras last year and was thinking on my run, I wish I had the Milers for them. The cushioning is amazing without losing support. Overalll it's a thumbs up.

I love them for easy runs, especially recently where they are usefully warm. But they are what they are: weighty, well cushioned, possibly over-built shoes that will last a very long time. If you tried running a TT in them, you'd want your money back. If you wanted to chat to your mate while racking up miles, they're a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭cmac2009

AhhHere wrote: »
    For comparison, mine were 78 euro too in the recent sale. Agree about the toe box having space. I got a half size up and no issues with slipping too

Thanks for all the replies folks. I've gone ahead and bought a pair, so will give them a whirl. With Nike's generous return policy I always have the option to return after a few runs if I'm unsatisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Story with Alltricks and UK VAT etc?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

BKWDR wrote: »
    Story with Alltricks and UK VAT etc?

They are based in France so should be ok...
    Where is Alltricks.com based?
    Alltricks.com is based in France, near Versailles, at the heart of the Chevreuse valley. Alltricks.com is you online local bike shop: wherever you are around the globe, we deliver all your bikes needs in an efficient way using the best carriers. All the products are covered by a full manufacturer's warranty. Since the beginning, our core values are to sell the best products at the lowest prices and to provide a first class service.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

adrian522 wrote: »
    They are based in France so should be ok...

Got a bit of a scare when I ordered earlier this week and got an email from DPD UK about it until I saw it ship from France. In an unrelated matter, I assume my new shoes are stuck on Holland right now because of DPD’s Brexit issues and delaying things while they get on top of things that was on the news today.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

I'm looking for a shoe to rotate with my Pegasus 37. I have a pair of 35, 36 and 2 X 37s on the go at the moment.

Never thought I'd be a Nike runner through and through, but with their sales and comfort, it's happened! Not a fan of the 36 if the run is beyond 8kms.

But I am looking to rotate to another brand/shoe! I've been running for a good few years, bug never really paid close attention to rotation of shoes etc for different types of sessions.

Ideally I'm looking for a pair for longer easy miles and another pair (if I can sneak them into the house 😜) for longer runs. I'm starting to train for Ultras, so the mileage is gonna creep up.

I know a variation of this question is asked always and everyone's feet are different. But interested to see what shoes people have on rotation with the Pegasus!

Happy running!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Inspired by the Pearl Izumi chatter earlier in the week I set another pair free.

538855.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Almost 2 years in hiding, good value though

538869.PNG

Mens Asics Novablast and Nike Infinity React flyknit 90 quid on Lifestyle Sports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Mens Asics Novablast and Nike Infinity React flyknit 90 quid on Lifestyle Sports.

Thanks.
    Just ordered the Novablast...they are getting good reviews and at that price you cant go wrong..

Waiting on Saucony Rides also..
    Spoilt for everyday/long comfortable run shoes..

Advertisement