Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Mens Asics Novablast and Nike Infinity React flyknit 90 quid on Lifestyle Sports.

You sure you're not on commission :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

You sure you're not on commission :P

If I was, I wouldn't need to work for a living. I think I'm responsible for 7 purchases on Boards this week.

Worth mentioning as this is the forum for it but I got the infinity react as a gift before Xmas and I love them. I'd rank them above the Pegasus 34, 35 and 36 any day of the week. A real good easy runner. Better than the epic react in my opinion too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

eposhea wrote: »
    I know a variation of this question is asked always and everyone's feet are different. But interested to see what shoes people have on rotation with the Pegasus!

Happy running!

Also have multiple Pegasus versions on the go...I'm a fan of the NB 1080 at the moment for rotation...I wore the NB 880 before that as well but they seem to have vanished lately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Anyone wearing On Cloud these days? They were starting to become popular in 2018 but I haven't seen anyone wearing them in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Also have multiple Pegasus versions on the go...I'm a fan of the NB 1080 at the moment for rotation...I wore the NB 880 before that as well but they seem to have vanished lately

Thanks! Will have a look! Never had a pair of NB before! Good to give new things a try

MY BAD wrote: »
    Anyone wearing On Cloud these days? They were starting to become popular in 2018 but I haven't seen anyone wearing them in a while.

I ran in them for about 3 years. First pair in 2016, last bed them. Got 2 pairs for €70 each at Ironman 70.3 Barcelona in 2018. They were the last ones I got. I find their pricing a bit off and they rarely do sales. The tops, shorts etc are very pricey. Think they view themselves as a premium product nowadays. My opinion anyway.

Liked running in them. But found they would wear quicky, barely get a season out of them. And it really irked me when stones got stuck in the sole. Happened in some races and that was it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

eposhea wrote: »
    I find their pricing a bit off and they rarely do sales. The tops, shorts etc are very pricey. Think they view themselves as a premium product nowadays. My opinion anyway.

This is a must have for the next time I'm running with the goats in Mulranny..... :pac:

https://www.on-running.com/en-ie/products/swiss-legacy-jacket/mens/olive-black

Christ

MY BAD wrote: »
    This is a must have for the next time I'm running with the goats in Mulranny..... :pac:

https://www.on-running.com/en-ie/products/swiss-legacy-jacket/mens/olive-black

Christ

Ah here, what even is that? I've a pair of old curtains that I could whip up a matching pair of shorts!
    Saw jackets for 250 plus too , off the charts lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Any website selling the Saucony endorphin speeds size 10? Can’t seem to find them

• Advertisement

Any website selling the Saucony endorphin speeds size 10? Can’t seem to find them

Alltricks. Linked a code a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Alltricks. Linked a code a few pages back.

Cheers. Looks like they’re just available to collect in store at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Trampas

I’d buy a lot of runners off sportshoes.com. As Uk based will I get hit with extra charges now? Or which sites in uk can you buy without getting hit with vat or custom charges?

Feel like €100 pair could turn into €130+ without even noticing

Trampas wrote: »
    I’d buy a lot of runners off sportshoes.com. As Uk based will I get hit with extra charges now? Or which sites in uk can you buy without getting hit with vat or custom charges?

Feel like €100 pair could turn into €130+ without even noticing

Plenty of non UK sites already noted in this thread recently and there are always deals to be had. In my opinion the only runners people should be paying full whack for are the high end carbon plated ones. You'll always get deals, maybe not on the exact pair you want but an equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Plenty of non UK sites already noted in this thread recently and there are always deals to be had. In my opinion the only runners people should be paying full whack for are the high end carbon plated ones. You'll always get deals, maybe not on the exact pair you want but an equivalent.

Agree, I probably overspent on average this year with the new innovations hitting the shelves.
      But I always have a few daily drivers in mind that I grab in the 50-70€ range when they pop up, namely for me NB1400, Floatride Run Fast, Kinvara.

1. Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

BeepBeep67 wrote: »

Agree, I probably overspent on average this year with the new innovations hitting the shelves.
        But I always have a few daily drivers in mind that I grab in the 50-70€ range when they pop up, namely for me NB1400, Floatride Run Fast, Kinvara.

Might be in the market for new NB1400 (and/or NB 1080) in the coming weeks.....can't find any decent deals (??)

Any recommendations for NB deals welcomed :-)

1. Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Might be in the market for new NB1400 (and/or NB 1080) in the coming weeks.....can't find any decent deals (??)

Bought a pair of NB Fresh Foam Tempo on their website today for €64.

2. Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Very few sizes left, what are you?

3. Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Very few sizes left, what are you?

9.5 which is very very snug in NB.

I'm in no panic tbh....but always keep an eye out for a good deal ;-)

4. Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

9.5 which is very very snug in NB.

I'm in no panic tbh....but always keep an eye out for a good deal ;-)

The most recent deal I saw for the NB 1080 v10 was one I cashed in on before Xmas. 90 quid I think? If you're in the market for NB don't overlook the fuelcell rebel. Really enjoyed it apart from a couple of minor complaints. Another one id rank above pegasus.

5. Advertisement
      6. Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

You would need to be a fan of flyknit though and it offers less support than Pegasus.

7. Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Has anyone any thoughts on the New Balance FuelCell Speedrift?

I've been running for two years now and a sole user of Nike, which I've had no complaints at all about. However I now think I could be missing out on other brands, would anyone have a suggestion for a comfortable shoe for LSR's? Speed not an issue just want maximum comfort.

8. Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

The most recent deal I saw for the NB 1080 v10 was one I cashed in on before Xmas. 90 quid I think? If you're in the market for NB don't overlook the fuelcell rebel. Really enjoyed it apart from a couple of minor complaints. Another one id rank above pegasus.

The Pegasus would be more comparable to the NB Fuelcell Propel though. The Rebel is a shoe for faster paces IMO.

9. Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

FinnC wrote: »
        The Pegasus would be more comparable to the NB Fuelcell Propel though. The Rebel is a shoe for faster paces IMO.

Yeah maybe. Not what I ended up using it for. Mostly easy miles and some longer runs for me. But if you look up some reviews most seem to consider it a faster shoe. Depends on the individual I guess.

10. Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

If you happen to be a 10.5 in Kinvara 11's
        Amazon

539010.jpg

11. Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

If you happen to be a 10.5 in Kinvara 11's
        Amazon

539010.jpg

Seems to be shipping from the USA and also won't deliver to Ireland.

12. Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Seems to be shipping from the USA and also won't deliver to Ireland.

Address Pal?

13. Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Kander

Thanks BeepBeep, thats the second pair of runners bought this week because of this thread :D

Address Pal worked for me on the Kinvara 11's above

14. Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Kander wrote: »
        Thanks BeepBeep, thats the second pair of runners bought this week because of this thread :D

Address Pal worked for me on the Kinvara 11's above

Thanks, I picked up a pair as well. As these are shipping from the USA unsure how customs and duty will be calculated, would be annoying to get UK & Irish charged.

15. Advertisement
      16. Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Thanks, I picked up a pair as well. As these are shipping from the USA unsure how customs and duty will be calculated, would be annoying to get UK & Irish charged.

https://customsdutyfree.com/duty-calculator/

If they cost let's say €40 + €10 shipping, you might get hit for €13.
        I find it hit and miss, I'd say 60-70% get's through with no charge for me.

Advertisement