Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

My Endorphin speed arrived this morning, too late for my run but I've got a really good feeling about them, just wearing them about the house now. Amazing cushioning and comfort for something which appears so light, lovely bounce off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rossi7

My Endorphin speed arrived this morning, too late for my run but I've got a really good feeling about them, just wearing them about the house now. Amazing cushioning and comfort for something which appears so light, lovely bounce off them.

Still waiting on mine to arrive, ordered off Amphibian King a week ago and still have not received them from the Republic of Bray. Must be boarder checks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Enjoy, they are awesome, probably my favourite shoe ever.
    I ordered ASICS Novablast as someone posted a link saying they were €90 in Lifestyle and they arrived today looking forward to taking them out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

FinnC wrote: »
    I ordered ASICS Novablast as someone posted a link saying they were €90 in Lifestyle and they arrived today looking forward to taking them out tonight.

I'm on my 2nd pair, actually ran in them this morning! I love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Rossi7 wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine to arrive, ordered off Amphibian King a week ago and still have not received them from the Republic of Bray. Must be boarder checks :rolleyes:

I do believe that AK were expecting a Saucony delivery in "early January"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

My Novablast arrived this evening, lovely looking shoe, they feel firm underfoot but I have seen (Edd Budd on Youtube) that they take 20-30 miles to 'soften' up....
    I'll take them out tomorrow, the excitement...

The Speeds are some shoes alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Rossi7

I do believe that AK were expecting a Saucony delivery in "early January"

Yeah, something tells me they have over sold what they had in stock. Still not received any shipping details from them despite assurances over the phone they've shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Just bought a pair of New Balance Fuelcell Rebel last night. €96 direct from NB.

They ship from distribution centre in Netherlands too, in case some didn't know! No customs etc!

Been watering all Nike for about 18 months and looking forward to trying these!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

eposhea wrote: »
    Just bought a pair of New Balance Fuelcell Rebel last night. €96 direct from NB.

They ship from distribution centre in Netherlands too, in case some didn't know! No customs etc!

Been watering all Nike for about 18 months and looking forward to trying these!

Really enjoyed the Rebel before retiring it. Could do a lot with it - easy, tempo, even speedwork, possibly races too. I probably should have sized up a half size as I found it a little snug in the toe box. Only other minor complaint was the heel of the shoe which seems to have a little plastic support inside the lining which, over time, cut through a little and agitated my heel.

Really enjoyed the Rebel before retiring it. Could do a lot with it - easy, tempo, even speedwork, possibly races too. I probably should have sized up a half size as I found it a little snug in the toe box. Only other minor complaint was the heel of the shoe which seems to have a little plastic support inside the lining which, over time, cut through a little and agitated my heel.

Yea, I went a half size up in the end - friend recommended the same. All my Nikes are 11.5/EU47, so stuck with EU 47 which is a 12 in New Balance - see how they go.

Nothing worse than something on a shoe that you don't like...the eyelets on my Peg 36 really dig into me after about 10km, so they are resigned to shorter runs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

I tried out my recently purchased Nike React Milers last night, 6miles easy after about a week off. They feel a good bit smoother than the Pegasus I've used almost exclusively for the last few years. The Pegasus almost make you want to run fast, with these it's the opposite and I found it much easier to keep the pace in check. I'll use these for anything 6miles and up and rotate out the Pegasus with the shorter and faster stuff.

I ended up ordering another pair of the Milers from Nike yesterday as they're available again for €78, and the Zoom Fly pair I ordered last week just arrived this morning so I've been getting my coffee 4% faster all day (or whatever they're supposed to do).

CR 7 wrote: »
    I tried out my recently purchased Nike React Milers last night, 6miles easy after about a week off. They feel a good bit smoother than the Pegasus I've used almost exclusively for the last few years. The Pegasus almost make you want to run fast, with these it's the opposite and I found it much easier to keep the pace in check. I'll use these for anything 6miles and up and rotate out the Pegasus with the shorter and faster stuff.

I ended up ordering another pair of the Milers from Nike yesterday as they're available again for €78, and the Zoom Fly pair I ordered last week just arrived this morning so I've been getting my coffee 4% faster all day (or whatever they're supposed to do).

I don't think you get the 4% with the zoom fly ;)

After trying out a few of the other Nike shoes (amongst other brands too) I'm not sure I'd ever buy pegasus again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

After trying out a few of the other Nike shoes (amongst other brands too) I'm not sure I'd ever buy pegasus again.

Go on...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

I bought the most recent one the 37 is it? Do not like it at all. Big and clunky. I find even walking in them is uncomfortable.
    Will do for wearing while cutting the grass maybe during the summer...:)

Go on...

Well a lot of people seem to default to pegasus but even within Nike there are (only in my opinion) better options. The infinity react is far superior in my eyes. Epic react I also prefer to the pegasus.
    Outside of Nike there are a few I'd pick ahead of the Pegasus. I still think the NB Fuelcell rebel are a suitable replacement to pegasus although not all would agree. 1080v10 is far superior too. By all accounts Asics Novablast is a lovely shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Appreicate any help with this.

Years ago I ran with Hoka Vanquish 2's for long runs, they were very comfy but with a large heel drop, they have stopped making them and I subsequently got Hoka Clifton 4's which didnt agree with me at all and I donated them to my brother after 50km

I since moved to Nike running in epic reacts or peg37s but I dont find them as comfy after say mile 15 compared to the vanquish, any body suggest an up to date comparative shoe to the vanquish?

Well a lot of people seem to default to pegasus but even within Nike there are (only in my opinion) better options. The infinity react is far superior in my eyes. Epic react I also prefer to the pegasus.
    Outside of Nike there are a few I'd pick ahead of the Pegasus. I still think the NB Fuelcell rebel are a suitable replacement to pegasus although not all would agree. 1080v10 is far superior too. By all accounts Asics Novablast is a lovely shoe.

Only through 30k-ish on my new epic reacts. Compared to my Peg 36's, they seem less snappy but far more comfortable. Glad to get your opinion; have wanted to try NB's too so will keep an eye on those models

Only through 30k-ish on my new epic reacts. Compared to my Peg 36's, they seem less snappy but far more comfortable. Glad to get your opinion; have wanted to try NB's too so will keep an eye on those models

It's all a matter of taste really but 1080 v10 are a lovely shoe... Pricey but you'll often see deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

Am following this thread with interest at the moment, have been thru a variety of Pegs since I had the 29's years ago. But definitely not as impressed with the most recent versions. Currently trying a pair of Vomero's which I got in one of the sales before Christmas. Clunky enough, but nice for easy/long running.
    And now on the look out for something a bit lighter for tempos/sorta long runs etc.

crisco10 wrote: »
    Am following this thread with interest at the moment, have been thru a variety of Pegs since I had the 29's years ago. But definitely not as impressed with the most recent versions. Currently trying a pair of Vomero's which I got in one of the sales before Christmas. Clunky enough, but nice for easy/long running.
    And now on the look out for something a bit lighter for tempos/sorta long runs etc.

I think I'm on the same path as you...

Until recently, I used either Adidas Supernova's or Nike Peg's as do-it-all shoes. I'm not as serious a runner as a lot on here, so they always did the job and I didn't think too much about them. Last year, my mileage went up and the Peg 36's felt less of an all-rounder and more suited to modestly quick 5k's. I've since gotten the Miler's and Infinity React's; both are cushy, steady but lack snap. My Peg's have another couple of months in them, but after that I think I'll want something more purposeful for shorter tempo/ quick runs as the Milers are great for recovery and the Infinity's are lovely for steady 10k+ runs.

• Advertisement

Seems to happen a lot of people as they run more and more. The runners that used to do them just grand don't cut it anymore. I used to run in random asics from lifestyle. Then as time went on I wouldn't dream of touching off them. Now we seem to be in a time where runners that would have been considered great shoes are relegated to the bench. I used the example a few times on here. My adios 4 would have been my racer of choice two years ago. Now I probably wouldn't dream of using them racing. They've become a session shoe for me.

For uptempo stuff I'm a big fan of adios 3 and 4, fuelcell rebel would be well suited, if you're willing to spend money endorphin speed seems to be getting rave reviews.

Beep beep is the go to person though! Biggest selection of shoes I've ever seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭dowling06

I ordered a pair yesterday and I'm still yet to get a dispatch mail. Did you get one? Supposed to be delivered today but my order status says being processed. The money came out of my account for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

dowling06 wrote: »
    I ordered a pair yesterday and I'm still yet to get a dispatch mail. Did you get one? Supposed to be delivered today but my order status says being processed. The money came out of my account for them.

I ordered a pair on Tuesday at 12 and they arrived yesterday at 11!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Funny you should say that, I was too a big fan of the Pegasus range. But like you I've drifted a bit away from them. I didn't buy the 37 but had a good few 35s and 36. The Epic react 2 seems to be my go to easy Nike shoe or even the Turbo 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

My Endorphin speed arrived today! 1st impressions are very good. A lovely light enough runner, very comfy & a good bit of bounce considering I was just walking around the kitchen! Looking forward to running in them.

Not sure if posted yet - but Elverys have a sale and you can use ADD15OFF for an additional 15% off. They have some good shoes in the sale too - Brooke, On Running, Nike etc.

Pair of On Cloud Swift for €102 for example - usually €160

https://www.elverys.ie/saleCategorypage

eposhea wrote: »
    Not sure if posted yet - but Elverys have a sale and you can use ADD15OFF for an additional 15% off. They have some good shoes in the sale too - Brooke, On Running, Nike etc.

Pair of On Cloud Swift for €102 for example - usually €160

https://www.elverys.ie/saleCategorypage

Novablast size 9 for 90 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gmak2442

I'm starting to need new shoes. I will get some maybe later when the virus will be less powerful. I want half class shoes; just like now.

MY BAD wrote: »
    Funny you should say that, I was too a big fan of the Pegasus range. But like you I've drifted a bit away from them. I didn't buy the 37 but had a good few 35s and 36. The Epic react 2 seems to be my go to easy Nike shoe or even the Turbo 2.

I had the 34, 35 and 36. Didn't get the 37. The 35 would have been my favourite out of the three. I have a pair of 36 and I use them for easy long runs. Can't imagine using them for anything else. Put the epic react, infinity react and Pegasus 36 in front of me and I'll pick the infinity every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

I had the 34, 35 and 36. Didn't get the 37. The 35 would have been my favourite out of the three. I have a pair of 36 and I use them for easy long runs. Can't imagine using them for anything else. Put the epic react, infinity react and Pegasus 36 in front of me and I'll pick the infinity every time.

I've a pair of 35's that I still love. They're long retired (after >1000km)but I have rebranded them as slippers. They were too comfy to get relegated to "gardening".

Advertisement