Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Anyone find the Endorphin Speed a tad slippy in Damp conditions?

I like the grip on the ZoomFly 3 and the Adidas continental rubber is yet to be beaten.

Its terrible on wet conditions. Its no good if you are doing your sessions on a 400m track because even if its slightly wet you will have no purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Anyone find the Endorphin Speed a tad slippy in Damp conditions?

I like the grip on the ZoomFly 3 and the Adidas continental rubber is yet to be beaten.

Mine are being kept up for nice sunny dry days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Alltricks are at it again. Some unreal deals..... Had to stop looking.....

When is Nike releasing the ZoomX Invincible Run?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on these, not expecting to be worlds apart from the React Milers but will be happy if the fit is similar but with less stack height and more aggressive foam (which it should have, mix of zoom and react).

I'll report back with the findings.

The Vomero 14s already arrived from Nike and DPD, very impressed with the delivery time.

The Vomeros are pretty good, a bit tighter around the middle than the Milers. The heel is unusual at first, like it's padded and keeps your heel forward a bit. No problems though, the shoes lock down well.

Definitely a bit quicker than the Milers too. The React/Zoom combo feels good and the upper is much lighter than the material on the Miler's upper. I probably wouldnt recommend a rotation of Vomero/Miler for everyone but it works for me and my build.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Ordered off sportshoes.com on 13th, they been shipped but still no sign of them
    Should I expect a VAT/customs bill when they arrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Bought a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 3's should hopefully be with me by the end of the month. My first venture into the modern shoe market, I'm quite excited to see how they feel.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Ordered off sportshoes.com on 13th, they been shipped but still no sign of them
    Should I expect a VAT/customs bill when they arrive?

I made a order with them in December but only dispatched in January and didn't get any customs bill. Then in January someone bought me a pair, again with sports shoes. I got them last week with delivery from an post and didn't have any extra custom bill. There was a customs sticker on the packaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Anyone want to refer me as a friend on alltricks pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

boydkev wrote: »
    Ordered Asics Novablast today, 90€ and i used a voucher i got from work for xmas so paid 50, got them to replace my NB fuelcell propel 2 as my daily trainer. Hope they are as good as the reviews.

Took These out for first run this morning, Really Comfortable and i think will get better once bedded in, nice bounce and will do me nicely as my daily Trainer. I think they will be good for many miles. Time to retire my NB Propel 2 (500 miles).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭sk8board

I see startfitness has kept the same price for runners as before brexit.

They lower the original price but then increase the VAT and delivery cost to cover it, so works out the same

Has anyone ordered from startfitness this year post brexit and is this correct above? I.e there’s no fee to pay DPD

I was about to order Ghost 13’s.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

First ever run in a carbon plate shoe yesterday, so thought I'd add it in here.

Asics Metaracer - essentially an ASICS racing flat with a carbon plate.

1011A676_400_SR_RT_GLB?$zoom$
    They don't have the same stack height as the others (and so are actually track legal for every distance above 800m), but probably don't have the same amount of cushioning either so probably a little harder on the body than the other big stack shoes.

I thought the "locked-in" aspect of the carbon plate experience was interesting i.e. once you set off at a pace, it’s very economical to keep that pace rolling and I can see how they'd be a big benefit over a marathon. For these in particular, I got a sense that effect was even more pronounced when I opened up my stride a bit more, so would be interested to see how they do on a faster workout.

I'm pretty much going full ASICS for the next while - the Dynaflyte is a great daily shoe (in that it's completely unremarkable) and I reckon I'll have no problem putting 600-700 miles in them without noticing any deterioration and I like the Tartheredge as a not-quite-flat flat.

The other shoe in current rotation is the Brooks Hyperion Tempo, which I've put a few hundred miles in and the soles still look brand new. If you like more ground feel in your runners, I think they're a solid shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Sacksian wrote: »

They don't have the same stack height as the others (and so are actually track legal for every distance above 800m), but probably don't have the same amount of cushioning either so probably a little harder on the body than the other big stack shoes.

I thought the "locked-in" aspect of the carbon plate experience was interesting i.e. once you set off at a pace, it’s very economical to keep that pace rolling and I can see how they'd be a big benefit over a marathon. For these in particular, I got a sense that effect was even more pronounced when I opened up my stride a bit more, so would be interested to see how they do on a faster workout.

I'm pretty much going full ASICS for the next while - the Dynaflyte is a great daily shoe (in that it's completely unremarkable) and I reckon I'll have no problem putting 600-700 miles in them without noticing any deterioration and I like the Tartheredge as a not-quite-flat flat.

The other shoe in current rotation is the Brooks Hyperion Tempo, which I've put a few hundred miles in and the soles still look brand new. If you like more ground feel in your runners, I think they're a solid shoe.

Nice, have the very same pair arriving on Weds :pac:

Can I ask, what do you use the Tartheredge for?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Nice, have the very same pair arriving on Weds :pac:

I have no point of reference on carbon plate shoes so will be interested to see what you make of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I have no point of reference on carbon plate shoes so will be interested to see what you make of them.

Need to shake an ongoing injury first, but yes looking forward to getting a spin in them.

Can I ask, what do you use the Tartheredge for?

I don't really do 5k sessions on the road (I have an aversion to running fast on the road outside races) but, if I did, I'd use them for that. So, I've used them for hill sessions/sprints to date. You feel the road in them - they're quite like other ASICS flats I've had, but just not as light.

But my selection process was mostly on the basis that they were: light-ish, a bit cheaper than other flattish racers, and, honestly, I just liked the look of them.

I'll do something shorter on the flat with them in the next couple of weeks and report back!

I don't really do 5k sessions on the road (I have an aversion to running fast on the road outside races) but, if I did, I'd use them for that. So, I've used them for hill sessions/sprints to date. You feel the road in them - they're quite like other ASICS flats I've had, but just not as light.

But my selection process was mostly on the basis that they were: light-ish, a bit cheaper than other flattish racers, and, honestly, I just liked the look of them.

I'll do something shorter on the flat with them in the next couple of weeks and report back!

I had seen them on M&M direct for a very good price a while back but figured they were more for track running so I passed.

I had seen them on M&M direct for a very good price a while back but figured they were more for track running so I passed.

Definitely not for track running but, yes, they might be a bit light if your preference is for a more cushioned shoe - 185g (the old ASICS piranhas were closer to 120g).

Definitely not for track running but, yes, they might be a bit light if your preference is for a more cushioned shoe - 185g (the old ASICS piranhas were closer to 120g).

To be honest when it comes to sessions my first choice would usually be the adios 3 or 4 which I wouldn't consider all that cushioned. I do like to feel the road a bit. Interesting. Had it all wrong so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I have them in the orange, probably overpriced but they are an incredibly beautiful shoe to look at.

I have them in the orange, probably overpriced but they are an incredibly beautiful shoe to look at.

The main thing that was putting me off the other carbon plate shoes was the big stack height - so when I saw these (in orange, originally), I decided to take the plunge. So, yes, the aesthetics were definitely a big part of the attraction...they were out of stock in the orange - just lucky they came out with a new colour the day I ordered them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

How are people managing with shoe stock and purchases now with Brexit?

I'm a small size so always hard to find stockists. Amazon was my go to for Brooks Glycerin but also used Start Fitness and sportshoes as they had neutral and cushioning shoes size EU 36. Any recommendations on a runner and an online stockists that I could try?

Had Asics on at lunch and didn't like at all. Looking for a day-to-day running shoe for road running.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

aquinn wrote: »

I'm a small size so always hard to find stockists. Amazon was my go to for Brooks Glycerin but also used Start Fitness and sportshoes as they had neutral and cushioning shoes size EU 36. Any recommendations on a runner and an online stockists that I could try?

Had Asics on at lunch and didn't like at all. Looking for a day-to-day running shoe for road running.

Thanks

I've contacted some sellers to see where their warehouses are:
    Alltricks.com (Decathlon owned) ship from France.
    Newbalance.ie ship from Netherlands
    Adidas.ie ship direct from Germany
    Nike fulfilled from Ireland (my most recent 3 deliveries have been anyway)

I've used all of the above over the last 3 months - and all but Alltricks since turn of the New Year - no issues with any delivery. I am a 47 EU myself, and can be difficult on availability sometimes - but not 100% confident on size 36 availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Thanks

AllTricks.com is French A so they shouldn't be effected by Brexit.

I wore Glycerin in 2017, they were my first marathon shoe. Since then I've had Ghost 11 & now Ghost 13. The 13 has a wider toe box so more comfortable than the 11s. I bought 13 before Christmas from an Irish retailer for a change - The Edge in Cork, they had a 10% discount at the time and the service was excellent, I ordered on a Sunday evening and they arrived on Tuesday.

I also like the Nike React Miler as an easy run shoe, good price in Elverys but might be a better colour for Summer!

Those would be my top 2 recommendations for an easy run/every day shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Fantastic, thanks to you both.

Thanks

The recommendations above in terms of sites are spot on.

In terms of an easy shoe I love the Nike Infinity React flyknit. Would choose it over any other runner for easy miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

I got a pair of Nike Pegasus GTX trail today. Super comfy

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

Saucony endorphin speed and pro on runhub website. Couldn’t manage to get size 10. Not many sizes left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

My New Balance Fuelcell Rebel arrived today - the excitement all day was palpable to get out on the roads. Just back from a 7km easy run and they just felt like they wanted to run fast. My Peg 37s have been giving my heels something to think about for the first couple of KMs recently and the Rebels didn't give any hint of discomfort.

First impressions are great - have to say tho.....the laces are way too long, had to triple knot them and there was still extra!

That's just nit picking' tho...then again, isn't that what runners do? :D:D

Advertisement