Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

eposhea wrote: »
    My New Balance Fuelcell Rebel arrived today - the excitement all day was palpable to get out on the roads. Just back from a 7km easy run and they just felt like they wanted to run fast. My Peg 37s have been giving my heels something to think about for the first couple of KMs recently and the Rebels didn't give any hint of discomfort.

First impressions are great - have to say tho.....the laces are way too long, had to triple knot them and there was still extra!

That's just nit picking' tho...then again, isn't that what runners do? :D:D

How many miles did you get out of the pegs 37s before they started giving trouble?
    Have a pair on 500ish and starting to get a few niggles but not sure is it high training volume or worn out shoes contributing more!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

omicron wrote: »
    How many miles did you get out of the pegs 37s before they started giving trouble?
    Have a pair on 500ish and starting to get a few niggles but not sure is it high training volume or worn out shoes contributing more!

No where near that yet - only 350kms on them! To be fair to them, it may not be the Pegs. I got a new pair of casual nikes - the old school Waffle racer - and I think it may be wearing them that is the issue. Or it is the fact I am wearing slippers for the majority of the day at home and no support in them!!!

500 miles is some going for a pair of shoes though. I think the max I have gotten is 500kms - a ways off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

That’s so weird.... just under 500km on my Nike Pegasus 37 so far, last two weeks one of my heels has been sore after runs. In fact I didn’t run today because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Any recommendations for a pair of lightweight structured running shoes? Doesn't have to be a new model

Bahanaman wrote: »
    Just looked them up there. The website says to go down 1 size when ordering. That's very unusual for Adidas.

The Ultraboost PB landed today. Have to say, they are very snug. Not sure if gonna keep or chance a run in them. Glad I only went down a half size and not a full size when ordering. Maybe they are meant to be snug anyway? But not a massive amount of room in toe box!

Edit just back from a 5km in them. Felt very secure on foot and the grip is fantastic with the continental rubber on the sole. Managed a sub 4 min KM too, which as nice!

Overall though, this thread is gonna be the death of my bank balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Can I ask, what do you use the Tartheredge for?
    Sacksian wrote: »
    I don't really do 5k sessions on the road (I have an aversion to running fast on the road outside races) but, if I did, I'd use them for that. So, I've used them for hill sessions/sprints to date. You feel the road in them - they're quite like other ASICS flats I've had, but just not as light.

But my selection process was mostly on the basis that they were: light-ish, a bit cheaper than other flattish racers, and, honestly, I just liked the look of them.

I'll do something shorter on the flat with them in the next couple of weeks and report back!

I looked into these after you two were discussing them. I spotted a pair on Asics outlet for 65 euro in my club colours black/yellow so I decided to buy. I haven't ran in them yet, but I love the look of them even if I don't end up using them for running. They feel really nice and light just walking around the house. I've loads of faster shoes at the moment although I'm not using anything with a carbon plate for training at the moment so I'll test them out soon. As you said they don't have much purchase maybe a bit like the Saucony Endorphin Speed which are quite poor in wet conditions. Maybe I'd compare them in feel or looks to something between the Adidas adios 3 and Takumi 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

^

Just on that topic of "fast runners"...

Is that a thing for fairly advanced folks? Or would a mere mortal notice the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

MY BAD wrote: »
    I looked into these after you two were discussing them. I spotted a pair on Asics outlet for 65 euro in my club colours black/yellow so I decided to buy. I haven't ran in them yet, but I love the look of them even if I don't end up using them for running. They feel really nice and light just walking around the house. I've loads of faster shoes at the moment although I'm not using anything with a carbon plate for training at the moment so I'll test them out soon. As you said they don't have much purchase maybe a bit like the Saucony Endorphin Speed which are quite poor in wet conditions. Maybe I'd compare them in feel or looks to something between the Adidas adios 3 and Takumi 3

Yeah, I just really like the way the ASICS flats look - one of the guys had the yellow/black TartherEdge at training last summer and I thought they looked great, which is probably why I got them! And I don't think I'd have actually pulled the trigger on a pair of carbon plate shoes until I saw the Metaracers. Same as yourself, I wore the TartherEdges around the house and knew they were going to work for me, light and flat, very simple. I did a session with them last week and they were what I was hoping for - which is just a nice flat that doesn't get in the way of your natural stride once you get up on your toes.
    ^

Just on that topic of "fast runners"...

Is that a thing for fairly advanced folks? Or would a mere mortal notice the difference?

I think it's completely a personal preference - I really like runners to be as light as possible when I'm trying to run fast. But plenty of people faster than me prefer a bit of cushioning/support and plenty of people slower run barefoot for the opposite reason! I think it's worth trying out a few different brands and shoe profiles and seeing what works best for you and which you prefer. You'll develop a feel for what suits you.

Hi all

Realised I probably need a wide foot runner. Looking at the hoka one one carbon x2, has anyone used these?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Ordered a pair of the Wave Inspire 17 this morning. Will test at the weekend.
    Was about to pull the trigger on the Saucony Pros but checked myself. Not much point when no training for a while anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Endorphin Pros arrived today, can't wait to give them a roll. Have all 3 Endorphins now. Very happy with the other 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭BeginnerRunner

I'm starting to add in some tempo runs after months of nothing but base work.

I feel like I should treat myself to new shoes.

I've been wearing nike pegasus 37 and pegasus trail 2 gore-tex for all my training thus far.

What should I get for the tempo work?

(totally aware I don't NEED anything for tempo work especially given my ...slower... paces, but needs and wants don't always align, and "wants" usually win)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

deisedude wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a pair of lightweight structured running shoes? Doesn't have to be a new model

I had the Brooks Ravenna 10 and used them for faster stuff and a few races up to 10 miles. Found them really comfortable. I have a slightly wide foot and found the standard width a bit tight, got somebody to bring me a pair back from the US in a wide fit and they were perfect. Wide are not available in Europe because the Brooks user support person told me that Europeans dont usually have wide feet !!!!

They have moved on to Ravenna 11 now, I havnt tried them but good reports about them. https://www.runningshoesguru.com/2020/04/brooks-ravenna-11-review/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Endorphins back on sale on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

Endorphins back on sale on their site.

Stop it. No more bargains!
    Wore my lovely white Speeds last night and hit a muddy puddly. I now have one white and one brown shoe.

Stop it. No more bargains!
    Wore my lovely white Speeds last night and hit a muddy puddly. I now have one white and one brown shoe.

Rookie mistake. Save them for the sunshiny days. Lol

No bargain. Full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

No bargain. Full price.

You got me all excited there when you said 'on sale' :eek::eek:

healy1835 wrote: »

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to get shoes delivered without your "housemate" knowing???

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

healy1835 wrote: »

I have to stop reading this thread.

• Advertisement

FinnC wrote: »
    I have to stop reading this thread.

Yep that's the best deal I've seen in a long time......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to get shoes delivered without your "housemate" knowing???

Put on the delivery note "leave in green bin" then get them when your "housemate" is distracted...I believe that's what a friend of mine does!

Put on the delivery note "leave in green bin" then get them when your "housemate" is distracted...I believe that's what a friend of mine does!

I was actually hoping someone would come up with a genuinely useful suggestion so thanks! Hmmmm. I'm tempted. That's too good a deal to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

I was actually hoping someone would come up with a genuinely useful suggestion so thanks! Hmmmm. I'm tempted. That's too good a deal to pass up.

But if said "housemate" catches you then it was completely your own idea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Unthought Known

No bargain. Full price.

Too late now, I'll just go full dirt. Did I actually type puddly?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Popped up on my facebook last night

https://www.facebook.com/Ready2Run-Tullamore-695369103807265/

Ready 2 Run selling the Endorphin Speed for €156. Ordered a pair, gonna sort payment today

Careful with this one...my 'housemate' got a delivery that coincided with a bin collection...€250 worth of deliveries gone ski!! :pac::D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭wersal gummage

event wrote: »
    Popped up on my facebook last night

https://www.facebook.com/Ready2Run-Tullamore-695369103807265/

Ready 2 Run selling the Endorphin Speed for €156. Ordered a pair, gonna sort payment today

I'm kinda glad I don't have Facebook so can't order I presume??

Just ordered the fuelcells....

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭FinnC

Yep that's the best deal I've seen in a long time......

It’s a great deal and I was very tempted to buy 2 pairs but settled on the 1.
    I presume the TC Energy Streak is just a different colour of the TC and not a different shoe?

• Advertisement

I'm kinda glad I don't have Facebook so can't order I presume??

Just ordered the fuelcells....

Fuelcell showed up as 145 originally and now show as 174 in the order summary

Advertisement