Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Might be a bit late for some but if you have a N26 account you can get a Reebok discount code - 30% off standard items and 15% off outlet items. It's located under "Explore" tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any one wear Under Armour shoes?

Seems to be good deals on SportsPursuit atm (incl. their carbon plate version) but I wouldn't know where to start

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Any one wear Under Armour shoes?

Seems to be good deals on SportsPursuit atm (incl. their carbon plate version) but I wouldn't know where to start

Under Armour has a new shoe the Velocity wind. Don't know what it's worth. But someone told me that the Machina 2 is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

token56 wrote: »
    Bought a pair of Nike Zoom Fly 3's should hopefully be with me by the end of the month. My first venture into the modern shoe market, I'm quite excited to see how they feel.

Nice, what do you think about it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

I have been running this year in Nike React Infinity (first gen) and Nike React Milers having ran last year mainly in Peg 36's & Winflo's.

The Peg's aren't quite dead yet, but are definitely approaching the end of their life. They've given me about 600km, which as a 90kg runner is pretty good going. The Winflo's midsole still feels fine but the upper has torn at the heel so cause blisters when running - they definitely cheaped out on the upper.

I took the Peg's out last night and thought it was interesting to compare them to the Infinity's. The Peg's feel lighter on the foot and give better groundfeel. I didn't feel like I was lacking in cushion but felt a bit zippier. I wasn't paying much attention to my watch and felt like I was quicker than usual and my turnover felt snappier. I really enjoyed the feeling of being marginally quicker than I have felt recently.

Surprisingly, my speed was almost identical to a similar run I did recently in worse weather in my infinity's, on every metric: cadence, speed, heart rate, etc. Most notably, today I feel like I ran yesterday despite it only being a short run last night. In my infinity's, I generally feel much, much fresher the day after than I do today.

What's my take on it all? Some shoes feel faster than others but at the end of the day, if you're still a big, heavy footed plodder, a shoe won't make much of a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

I have been running this year in Nike React Infinity (first gen) and Nike React Milers having ran last year mainly in Peg 36's & Winflo's.

The Peg's aren't quite dead yet, but are definitely approaching the end of their life. They've given me about 600km, which as a 90kg runner is pretty good going. The Winflo's midsole still feels fine but the upper has torn at the heel so cause blisters when running - they definitely cheaped out on the upper.

I took the Peg's out last night and thought it was interesting to compare them to the Infinity's. The Peg's feel lighter on the foot and give better groundfeel. I didn't feel like I was lacking in cushion but felt a bit zippier. I wasn't paying much attention to my watch and felt like I was quicker than usual and my turnover felt snappier. I really enjoyed the feeling of being marginally quicker than I have felt recently.

Surprisingly, my speed was almost identical to a similar run I did recently in worse weather in my infinity's, on every metric: cadence, speed, heart rate, etc. Most notably, today I feel like I ran yesterday despite it only being a short run last night. In my infinity's, I generally feel much, much fresher the day after than I do today.

What's my take on it all? Some shoes feel faster than others but at the end of the day, if you're still a big, heavy footed plodder, a shoe won't make much of a difference.

Do you find much difference between the Infinity React & the Milers? I wear the Milers and from reviews I've read the Infinity React seem similar to the Milers but I'd be interested to hear from someone who's worn both. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Can anyone recommend me a pair of new trainers for my regular 5-10km runs? I've a budget of approximately €100.

ariana` wrote: »
    Do you find much difference between the Infinity React & the Milers? I wear the Milers and from reviews I've read the Infinity React seem similar to the Milers but I'd be interested to hear from someone who's worn both. Thanks.

I think they're both excellent trainers, to be honest but feel quite similar. I would say I think the Milers are very overbuilt and are definitely more suited to easy runs, but it's pretty marginal. Main difference are the upper - the milers are more secure, less breatable, more weather-resistant, borderline over-built, even for someone my weight.

I got both in ridiculous sales (I think I paid about €65 for the milers in October/ November and €75 for the infinity's in December), but had I a do-over I think I'd have gotten something more different than the infinity's in the Chirstmas sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

cblanc wrote: »
    Nice, what do you think about it ?

I have just under 150 miles done in them at this stage and overall I would be pretty positive about them. I think they are particularly suited for the shorter tempo/interval type work. I don't find them quite as comfortable for the longer slower runs but maybe that's just my feet.

They certainly have a nice bounce in them and they are quite light in my opinion but again as it is my first time trying the more modern style of runners with new foams and plates it is like comparing apples and oranges.

The vaporweave material while very difficult to keep clean if you get any muck or dirt on it keeps the water out very well and doesn't accumulate much if out running in the rain. But if you want to keep them looking fresh best to use them where there isn't much muck.

After all the great reviews they've been getting I've also ordered a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speeds although there seems to be a delay in them arriving. I am very interested to see how they compare when I am eventually back running.

I think they're both excellent trainers, to be honest but feel quite similar. I would say I think the Milers are very overbuilt and are definitely more suited to easy runs, but it's pretty marginal. Main difference are the upper - the milers are more secure, less breatable, more weather-resistant, borderline over-built, even for someone my weight.

I got both in ridiculous sales (I think I paid about €65 for the milers in October/ November and €75 for the infinity's in December), but had I a do-over I think I'd have gotten something more different than the infinity's in the Chirstmas sale.

One other thing to note: the Peg's heel fit is soooo lose compared to either the Infinity's or the Milers. I really had to tie them tighter than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

NB Fuelcell rebel on sale for 72 quid on Sportdirect. Limited sizes. 54 quid if you happen to be a size 8.

I've had to cancel my order for the Endorphin Speeds, website has said their supplier is out of stock now in my size. Disappointing that they would take my order in the first place but nothing that can be done. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in a UK size 10 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 sav1

token56 wrote: »
    I've had to cancel my order for the Endorphin Speeds, website has said their supplier is out of stock now in my size. Disappointing that they would take my order in the first place but nothing that can be done. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anywhere that has them in a UK size 10 at the moment.

I had mine cancelled too. Just ordered from Ready2run in Tullamore for €160 delivered.

They have UK10 but only in the white at the moment.

sav1 wrote: »
    I had mine cancelled too. Just ordered from Ready2run in Tullamore for €160 delivered.

They have UK10 but only in the white at the moment.

Fantastic, thank you for that. Just ordered a pair now.

Ladies endorphin pro down to 180 on Runhub (limited sizes)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Ladies endorphin pro down to 180 on Runhub (limited sizes)

So tempted!

So tempted!

If they're in your size you absolutely won't regret it.

If they're in your size you absolutely won't regret it.

1 pair left in my size! Kinda rude not too...

1 pair left in my size! Kinda rude not too...

Do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Question time;
    Have a marathon in the morning. Training has been average enough for it and as such (and with fresh memories of my disastrous last Mara) I’m not racing it.

I’ll be doing it at just below my long run pace.

So with the topic of this thread, should I wear a pair of Endrophin pro that have nearly 200k on them or a pair of Speeds with 10?

• Advertisement

Slideways wrote: »
    Question time;
    Have a marathon in the morning. Training has been average enough for it and as such (and with fresh memories of my disastrous last Mara) I’m not racing it.

I’ll be doing it at just below my long run pace.

So with the topic of this thread, should I wear a pair of Endrophin pro that have nearly 200k on them or a pair of Speeds with 10?

If you've already covered longer distance in the Pro it's probably wiser to go with them right? You don't really know how your feet with be beyond 10k in the speeds..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Sorry, it’s my 3rd pair of speeds. I have only used the pros for shorter races

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

In the last few months I’ve switched to Saucony, I’ve Peregrine 10 and 10gtx for the hills and Speeds for the fast stuff. I’ve been really happy with all of them, the Peregrines are the best trail shoes I’ve ever had.
    I’m looking for an alternate road running shoe for the nights other than sessions.... I’ve been reading up on Saucony Ride.... any recommendations for them or is it more the Kinvara?

Slideways wrote: »
    Sorry, it’s my 3rd pair of speeds. I have only used the pros for shorter races

Ah.. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. Which do you feel most comfortable in. I suspect the Pro are more geared towards longer distance but plenty of people running marathons in ten year old bricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

I just got the Hoka One One. What a disappointment! Ive been wanting them for years now, and on my first time out, on a 5 miler, i ended up walking more than half the way. Pains in my knees, my instep, etc. I have a pretty neutral gait, and these just don’t work for me. Im returning them on Monday. :( I’ll stick with the Saucony from now on

Do it!

Yep I did it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I just got the Hoka One One. What a disappointment! Ive been wanting them for years now, and on my first time out, on a 5 miler, i ended up walking more than half the way. Pains in my knees, my instep, etc. I have a pretty neutral gait, and these just don’t work for me. Im returning them on Monday. :( I’ll stick with the Saucony from now on

All of the Hoka’s have a relatively low heel:toe drop of 4-5mm. If your normal shoe has a drop of 10-12mm, for example, that could be cause of your issues.

Woooohoooo. Congrats

Metaracer down to 150 on same site by the way. Lol

• Advertisement

Metaracer down to 150 on same site by the way. Lol

There would be murder:eek:

Advertisement