Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What shoes you wearing now and what next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Metaracer down to 150 on same site by the way. Lol

Probably because Asics launch a new line of race shoes at the end of this month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

In the last few months I’ve switched to Saucony, I’ve Peregrine 10 and 10gtx for the hills and Speeds for the fast stuff. I’ve been really happy with all of them, the Peregrines are the best trail shoes I’ve ever had.
    I’m looking for an alternate road running shoe for the nights other than sessions.... I’ve been reading up on Saucony Ride.... any recommendations for them or is it more the Kinvara?

I've had a few pair of Rides. Good balance between weight and comfort. Reliable if nothing exceptional.

Have Kinvarra also (10??) Nice shoe,pretty light, but have only used for short stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ytjeffsy29

Beginner here. Have a pair of Mizuno Skyrise. The first time put my feet on I felt so good. Run on them feel comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Probably because Asics launch a new line of race shoes at the end of this month.

I wonder will we see the older lines drop any or do they find a natural home with people who liked that particular revision. I'm in need of new runners and find prices creaping up over the years and bargains harder to find.

I've been using Asics Cumulus for years and can't get them below €120 (and probabaly closer to €130 with shipping) now and I've had my eye out a while.

There was a time, just keeping an eye out even just on Amazon for a few weeks and could grab a bargain. I picked up Cumulus 20 Gore-tex in '19 for £95 and once a Cumulus on Amazon for about £55.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Any deals out there at the moment? Badly need new trainers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭MY BAD

MY BAD wrote: »

So tempted....they also have a non carbon plated version (which unfortunately isn't in the zebra colour scheme)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Did a bit of clearing out today. 7 pairs of brooks ghost gone off the recycling.
    In other news saucony endorphin Pro ordered Friday morning, delivered Friday evening for free and with 20 euro off. First outing Easter Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Just got a pair of Saucony Endorphin Shift. I've never been a fan of cushioned shoes really, for some reason my big toes would always cramp up in them. Happened on my first run with these, but wasn't as bad and soon shook it off. Did 21.5km in them last night for my second run, and definitely see the appeal now. The nylon plate took a small bit of getting used to, but also like it a lot. Really does feel like it propels you forward.

Ways away from racing, but when I do I'll be picking up Endorphin Speed (or Pro) for sure.

Just got a pair of Saucony Endorphin Shift. I've never been a fan of cushioned shoes really, for some reason my big toes would always cramp up in them. Happened on my first run with these, but wasn't as bad and soon shook it off. Did 21.5km in them last night for my second run, and definitely see the appeal now. The nylon plate took a small bit of getting used to, but also like it a lot. Really does feel like it propels you forward.

Ways away from racing, but when I do I'll be picking up Endorphin Speed (or Pro) for sure.

I'd say it's the rocker sole that took a bit of getting used to. As far as I know the Shift is plateless, the Speed has a composite plate and the Pro a carbon plate.

I have to say that the almost unanimous praise this range is receiving is very impressive. Enjoy them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Sorry yeah it'd be the rocker sole then yeah, didn't realise it didn't have the plate actually. Hadn't run in anything like it before though, and quite like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Omega28 wrote: »

I saw a 15% discount on the new running shoes in Alltricks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cblanc

Sorry, the code is ALLTRICKSRUN15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Next% seem to be down to e220 on Alltricks

Next% seem to be down to e220 on Alltricks

You should organise yourself a discount code on all these sites with the amount of business you send to them. :pac:

skyblue46 wrote: »
    You should organise yourself a discount code on all these sites with the amount of business you send to them. :pac:

The problem with that is I'd have to spend the money. I'm living vicariously through other people's purchases... Its sad really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hi guys. I'm looking to invest in a proper pair of runners. I usually just use whatever sports direct crap I buy for €80 and under which are also used for daily life.

But I'm running about 2 or 3 times per week since January. Nothing too intensez just 4 or 5km with the odd 10km.

I do suffer from pains in the inside of my calf and knee pain in one knee so I'm hoping for something to ease the vibrations traveling up my legs.

What would you guys recommend? I have a budget of about €150. This time I'm buying for performance and not the brand/fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

RUNSPRING10 on AllTricks gives 10% extra of already reduced items too!

eposhea wrote: »
    RUNSPRING10 on AllTricks gives 10% extra of already reduced items too!

Doesn't seem to work for me. Have you used it successfully?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭eposhea

Doesn't seem to work for me. Have you used it successfully?

Yes - using it as we speak! Seems to depend on the item I think - I can see RUNSPRING10 or RUNSPRING20 as 2 sale items - entering one of those codes get you the discount.

Have a pair of Nike Terra Kiger 6 in cart for €88 delivered - hard to beat that! (that was RUNSPRING10 code)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

I am getting so desperate to find a pair of the New Balance MD-X spikes that I keep on ending up on obviously fake sites (ones that I have established are genuine criminal enterprises) wondering: "...but what if they actually do have this pair in my size in stock, what have if they only scam some customers? What if I don't get scammed?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭dave_o_brien

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm looking to invest in a proper pair of runners. I usually just use whatever sports direct crap I buy for €80 and under which are also used for daily life.

But I'm running about 2 or 3 times per week since January. Nothing too intensez just 4 or 5km with the odd 10km.

I do suffer from pains in the inside of my calf and knee pain in one knee so I'm hoping for something to ease the vibrations traveling up my legs.

What would you guys recommend? I have a budget of about €150. This time I'm buying for performance and not the brand/fashion.

Hey, how's it going?

I'm no expert but based on your requirements and budget, lots of people swear by the following as daily trainers (running speak for solid, reliable mile-munchers that won't feel particularly fast but will allow you to rack up the miles):

Nike Pegasus
    Nike React Infinity's
    Nike Zoom Invincible's
    Adidas Ultraboost
    Adidas SL20's
    New Balance 1080's
    Brooks Glycerin
    Hoka One One Mach 4
    Asics Gel Kayano
    Asics Novablast
    Asics GT2000
    Mizuno Wave Rider

There are probably loads of others I can't remember! For your budget, you should be able to find pretty much any of the above on sale somewhere (possibly with the exception of the Invincible's and the new Ultraboost) but what works for you might be dreadful to another, so a bit of experimentation might be needed.

I'd also just note on your weekly mileage - ramp up gently. It might be that the aches and pains you are talking about are due to increasing mileage a shade too much or not allowing adequate recovery. I've had similar niggles before, generally as a result of ramping up mileage too quickly.

For what I'd recommend: I'm a 95kg runner who does around 30km/week at roughly 5min/km pace. I adore the original Nike React Infinity's.

Anyone recommend a pair for under €100? Current mileage is around 45km per week.

Anyone recommend a pair for under €100? Current mileage is around 45km per week.

I wouldn't choose a full price pair in that price range. Keeping an eye out for clearance lines would be your best bet.

Something like this maybe...https://www.alltricks.com/F-11912-chaussures-running/P-1501023-new-balance-fuelcell-prism-green

Difficult enough trying to pick up a decent pair of runners for under €100

It should be quite easy. What sites have you tried?

These should have a few....https://www.sportsshoes.com/products/z/mens/running/shoes/?$terrain=road&l=36&d1=30&d2=80&slider=20,85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Unknownability

There are loads of suitable runners at the price point or cheaper.

Keep an eye out for a Nike sale or have a look on M&M Direct they sometimes have very good prices in certain sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Saucony Pro's arrived today! Very nice indeed, can't wait to try them out. Great service by Run Hub. If they are anything like the speeds we will be very happy together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Reebok RF3 arrived today. Excited, haven't worn Reebok since I was a teen.

But seriously Reebok, the trees...

Edit: These were <€100... €76 in fact.. bargain these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fwiw I haven't spent more than ~ €80 on runners in years....I think I splurged €100± on Saucony Kinvarras back in the day and they wrecked my calves/Achilles every time I wore them.

My daily runners are Nike Pegasus - the last few times I've paid between €59 and €65 for them.

Nike are due to have a sale in the next couple of weeks so keep an eye out; as others have mentioned the likes of MandM and SportsPursuit regularly have good deals also.

Advertisement