Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was I banned?

Options
  • 28-11-2011 8:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

I made this post in After Hours http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75714173&postcount=179 and was banned within 2 minutes. Does the mod have a grudge against me?

I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of a poster complaining about a woman insulting others, when she does the exact same thing. This poster openly admits that she believes it's ok to insult other posters - read her reply to my post - and she does so. Surely this is against the AH charter. And I get banned for pointing out this hypocrisy?? I'd like the ban to be reversed please.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I will have a look into this for you and get back to you as soon as I can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

I just want to add that it was my first and only post in that thread. I rarely even post in AH yet the mod bans me after 2 mins :confused:

Any updates, Reccy?

Fo Real wrote: »
    Any updates, Reccy?

Sorry I haven't been able to contact the Mod who did the banning to get his take on things

Will give him another day to reply to me if that is ok

Any updates, Reccy?

The current update is that given your ban history and the possibility that you have been posting under several accounts I have asked the Admins to review your account and clarify the situation

If the outcome is that this is your only account then I will review the current ban

So for the moment we wait

• Advertisement

I admit I had another account called Fo Real2 for a short while in the past, but then voluntarily closed it. It's not like I tried to hide the fact, considering the name.

I've had this account since Sept 2009 and I'd like the ban lifted please. Did you check the thread in which I was banned for context? I literally made one neutral post and the mod was on me like a tonne of bricks. While at the same time he let's others off with making threats, insults and extremely foul language. My other usual forums are the hip hop forum. Talk to the mod there, Boom Bap, and see if I ever got even an infraction there ever. As an aside, I'm not sure how the admins determine whether an account is an alt-account when several people may share the same internet connection/computer etc.

Hey Reccy, I'm still not sure where I stand at the moment as your last reply was a bit ambiguous. Am I right in understanding that you have passed my case all the way up to the admins?

Also, can you clarify if I'm being judged on the post I made in AH (linked above) for which Bollocko banned me, or whether I'm being judged on every single post I've ever made? I'm still not sure why he banned me btw. He brushed me off with the vague reason "trolling" given, but anyone who reads my post can see for themselves that wasn't the case.

Hey Reccy, I'm still not sure where I stand at the moment as your last reply was a bit ambiguous. Am I right in understanding that you have passed my case all the way up to the admins?

From here on I am going to ask an Admin to look this over, they can have a read of the following posts which are only accessible to Mods

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75806215&postcount=5484

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75811649&postcount=5490
    Also, can you clarify if I'm being judged on the post I made in AH (linked above) for which Bollocko banned me, or whether I'm being judged on every single post I've ever made? I'm still not sure why he banned me btw. He brushed me off with the vague reason "trolling" given, but anyone who reads my post can see for themselves that wasn't the case.

First I want the Admins to verify the status of your account and if it is linked to a sitebanned user, if it isn't I will deal with your Ban from AH

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Fo Real,

I have looked into this, and you have, as far as I can see, signed up at least two other accounts to evade a forum ban.

For that, since your other accounts are banned permanently, I am sitebanning you for one month.
    The combined bans over your 3 accounts justifies a permanent ban from AH.

Advertisement