Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Halo Reach today..

Options
  • 28-11-2011 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Got halo reach today just played online for last hour or so. Nice change of pace from battlefield and cod. Forgotten how good halo is! Anyone playin it at all recently I know I'm a year late

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Still play regularly! Can't beat Halo for madcap fun, and the occasional serious game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The game I play most often online...has a bit of skill to it unlike COD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The game I play most often online...has a bit of skill to it unlike COD
    Likin the new skill addition things as well. Still great fun like halo 3 was.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Halo Reach online is amazing. I still think it's the best online console shooter and the variety of game types and flexibility of the cose mechanics that are available mean it's the closest thing that consoles have the to the mod community of the PC scene.

It also helps that most of the raging racist kiddies have moved to CoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

It also helps that most of the raging racist kiddies have moved to CoD.

In my games they have been replaced by French people!

Nothing to help relax like getting well over half your teams kills in team snipers :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Farcheal wrote: »
    In my games they have been replaced by French people!

Nothing to help relax like getting well over half your teams kills in team snipers :)
    Yeah theres alot of french speaking people on Reach nowadays. I rarely come across english speaking people who aren't in their own parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Padgeman

Yeah theres alot of french speaking people on Reach nowadays. I rarely come across english speaking people who aren't in their own parties.

Some of those french guys are incredibly good at Reach I find. Finding teams of french Inheritors going around on ridiculous winning streaks is a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭JonB

I'm not too mad on the Halo Reach Multiplayer mostly due to the maps and match making map selection constantly suggesting forge maps to play.

I got the anniversary edition of Halo recently and I have to say it's really well done and graphics are great. I love the feature to hit one button to transition between the old graphics and the new graphics.

I'm a big fan of FPS games. But lately the only game to wet my appetite is Battlefield 3 especially when you get a party of mates going.

My problem with this generation of shooters is they seem to be have well too much weapons/perks/ideas in a game that it becomes impossible to balance. To this day I still wonder what were they thinking with MW2 and having secondary weapons as shotguns. Crazy. Each class that a person creates should have advantages and disadvantages.

I miss the older shooters CoD2, Cod4, Gears of War, Halo3 and Rainbow Six Vegas.

Sorry for the rant :-0

Advertisement