Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magheramore tomorrow

Options
  • 28-11-2011 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Anyone think it will be working tomorrow?!Have the day off work so would be handy to get a surf in,cant make it out west. Never been down to it so not sure what to look for on the forecast but from what I can see there might be a wave or two...I see there were a few waves down Waterford today not sure when it actually makes it up to Wicklow though.

Some advice would be great....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Gingko

Does that place actually throw up a half decent wave? If so what size are we talking and is it a right or left? Is it just a small closing beach break? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 General.Tee

Like I said iv never actually surfed it just heard people talking about it, I wouldnt expect too much from the east coast anyway but based in Dublin and have the day off so wouldnt mind getting in somewhere...

Iv been down to whiterock a few times iv been told this is a bit better!

Just wondering if there would be a wave tomorrow would be handy!!

Ah fair enough! I used to live in Sligo before moving east for work. Used to surf Easkey, Strandhill and Lislarry. I'm gonna pack in the job even in a recession as Leinster life is so bland in comparison to the west. Surf, craic, people the lot. I feel like I'm living in the U.K (the pale) since I moved east. Landlocked and the gills are drying up too! :(

I have heard there is a wave at the Boyne river mouth near Drogheda every so often. Met two guys in Achill some years ago who said they have surfed it at about 3ft on fishes? May be worth a thread for this too? Hope ye get a wave or two bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Magheramore can be decent, was brilliant on Saturday. Around 3ft, pretty clean, cross-offshore wind and good period between the waves.

For a more accurate wave forecast checkout Jacks Hole on surf-forecast.com:
    http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Jacks-Hole/forecasts/latest/six_day

And the M2 lifebouy data:
    http://www.met.ie/latest/buoy.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

stevire wrote: »
    Magheramore can be decent, was brilliant on Saturday. Around 3ft, pretty clean, cross-offshore wind and good period between the waves.

For a more accurate wave forecast checkout Jacks Hole on surf-forecast.com:
    http://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Jacks-Hole/forecasts/latest/six_day

And the M2 lifebouy data:

reckon it will be worth it but go early once the wind switches direction the swell will die. Also if it's pants you won't have wasted the say. Stay safe study it for a while from above and hopefully you won't be alone, actually you won't be the seal will be there.

• Advertisement

Interesting!! Must get my arse down there so soonish. Staying in Kildare at mo so I just need to cross over mountains. Scenic too. Nice one for info guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

reckon it will be worth it but go early once the wind switches direction the swell will die. Also if it's pants you won't have wasted the say. Stay safe study it for a while from above and hopefully you won't be alone, actually you won't be the seal will be there.

Don't think I've ever gone without seeing that seal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Huge swell and north easterly winds not a safe bet

rodento wrote: »
    Huge swell and north easterly winds not a safe bet

Buoy report is showing them SW

M2
    62091 29 Nov
    9:00 990.5 196 34 gust 49 13.4 10.8 84 6.9 4.7 13.2

Still the swell is big for the irish sea so watch on take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Winds are due to swing and 15ft swell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 conman78new

Reckon it's well worth a look around now. Swell is ridic but wind should mean its breaking clean around 4ft over on the right. Was out there yday, nice clean 3-4 footers. White Rock was prob good too for a bit this morn

rodento wrote: »
    Winds are due to swing and 15ft swell...

But they ara going to be WNW and the W no east in them and hardly any north.

heard it was very good on tuesday, did you get out in the end ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 conman78new

Should be defo working tomorrow as will few wexford spots with the right protection!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 General.Tee

Ye it was very good! 3/4 foot with good wind worked out very well, out for 3 1/2 hours... Some local lads who were there said it was the best they have seen it for a while! only maybe 5 or 6 people out, hope i get a day like that the next time I have a random midweek day off work!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 brando1980

long shot. was in maheramore over xmas and lost a left hand xcel glove, just wondering if anyone might have picked it up?

Advertisement