Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evolution nightclub shannon

• 28-11-2011 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

Has anyone been to the Evolution nightclub in shannon ?

I'm trying to find out what it's like, but can't find much about the place really, so if anyone's been and could give me their thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

One of the bouncers is a boardsie and a regular contributor to this forum. I can't recommend the place myself but then again I'm not a nightclub person. By all accounts, (as clubs go) it's supposed to be pretty decent since it was refurbished a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

There is an 80's night on a Friday night which I hear is quite good. I've been there a couple of times (only) on a Saturday night and I recall it being a good night each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shunney

I'm not a big clubber myself anymore, but just want to try somewhere different from the clubs in Limerick.

I had a terrible time last week on my first night out in Cork, 4 out of the 5 clubs we tried wouldn't even let us through the door, saying the usual rubbish that i was too drunk and sorry lads not tonight ! The thing is i was the driver and hadn't had a drop and we were all dressed smartly in shirts shoes etc, plus we're all over 30 so age wasn't a factor :mad:

I'm hoping that we will have a better reception at Evolution, i would be interested to know what i can expect on the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Cork has a lot of nice bars but mostly horrible night clubs. The Pavilion is the only exception. The Crane Lane is also worth a look it's more latebar than club but the DJ's/live acts are excellent and it's bigger than most of the clubs anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

shunney wrote: »

I'm hoping that we will have a better reception at Evolution, i would be interested to know what i can expect on the door.

If your turned away in Shannon, I will eat my a hat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 shunney

Battleflag wrote: »
    If your turned away in Shannon, I will eat my a hat.

Hmmm sounds ominous, does that mean they let any old riff raff in lol ?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I don't think they really turn away people. Maybe if you're covered in vomit or something. Or stinging bees. Definitely won't let you in if you're covered in stinging bees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

LadyTBolt wrote: »
    There is an 80's night on a Friday night which I hear is quite good.

Fridays are rubbish there. The music is 80s, but real bad 80s. Saturdays are decent though.

Other than that, very nice club, very clean, nice bouncers and cool lighting around the DJ

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Cork has a lot of nice bars but mostly horrible night clubs. The Pavilion is the only exception. The Crane Lane is also worth a look it's more latebar than club but the DJ's/live acts are excellent and it's bigger than most of the clubs anyway.
    Who asked about Cork :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Pop in and we'll look after you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement