Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Guide to Multi-Posting

Options
  • 28-11-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hello newbies!
    A few people have said how they can't figure out the multi-quote system, so I'm making a guide to point them towards :D

First off, all quotes should begin with [quote] and end with [/quote] to get
    test
    Although this can be okay, if you're quoting a number of people, it's better if their name is in it. You may ask why don't you just write quote=the_syco to get
    the_syco wrote:
    test
    and the reason is that you won't know what post I quoted. So, if you use the proper quote button
    quote.gif
    you'll get the quote with a small symbol next to the name that will point to the post that you quoted.

Example:
    the_syco wrote: »
    This will then become an image
    to break this down
    [html]
    the_syco wrote: »
    This will then become an image
    [/html]
    QUOTE= (the name), followed by (a number). This number will generate a link to the post you quoted. This is very handy if you are having a long argument in Politics, as it allows people to quickly look at the post that you are quoting, instead of having to go back many pages to find the original post. And as some threads can reach a few thousand threads, this is no mean feat!

To the right of the quote.gif button, you'll see another button, multiquote_off.gif. This is the "multi-quote" button.

Now, if you click it, the picture changes slightly. The "plus" in the picture turns into a "minus", as seen in: multiquote_on.gif. This allows you to see what quotes you have selected. It also allows you to click it again to unselect that particular quote.

When you have selected all the quotes you want to quote, click the reply.gif button, and they'll all be there. The following post is an example of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Robby91 wrote: »
    Is it always a kill? There's been a few times where my brother's landed a guided shell on transport heli's and he said that he only got points for disabling the chopper. I couldn't really tell whether it was the chopper being sturdy enough to take the hit or just poor luck on our part and, for one reason or another, the chopper barely survived (although, the vast majority of guided shells on heli's have been one-hit kills)
    al28283 wrote: »
    Yea, the tank and heli upgrades in CoD are pretty lame :rolleyes:
    al28283 wrote: »
    i think that would be a bad idea
    tiny timy wrote: »
    Why would you want to kill yourself? Your there to win
    With an LMG and C4, support will be far from redundant sometimes i forget support has ammo.
    moonboy52 wrote: »
    I am sooooo looking forward to the expansion pack. I want to relive 2006 all over again :). I for one loved Wake Island!

=========================================

Lots of text. But you ask; "what if I only want small parts of the text?" Well, once there is a [quote] at the start, and a [/quote] at the end, you'll be okay. For example, if I take
    Is it always a kill? There's been a few times where my brother's landed a guided shell on transport heli's and he said that he only got points for disabling the chopper. I couldn't really tell whether it was the chopper being sturdy enough to take the hit or just poor luck on our part and, for one reason or another, the chopper barely survived (although, the vast majority of guided shells on heli's have been one-hit kills)

and take out lots of text, but ensure I leave the [QUOTE=Robby91;75628412] at the start, and the [/QUOTE] at the end, it shall produce;
    There's been a few times where my brother's landed a guided shell

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Following on from the last section, here's a hint on how to make a BIG quote into lots of smaller quotes.

I'm going to take this quote as an example:
    karnsft wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Just looking to get some feedback, was thinking of opening a Gaming Centre somewhere in the Midlands, around Longford, Mullingar area, and was just wondering what the response would be. Would enough people be interested in a Gaming Centre?? It'll act as both a internet Cafe/Online Gaming area, with also an area for PS3 and Xbox gaming. I'll run long gaming nights every week, and also LAN's once a month or more if the demand is there.

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback ye have on this, could it be a potential money maker, or am i just wasting my time???

Once you remember that a should begin with [quote] and end with [/quote] this is easy to do.

Firstly, you copy [QUOTE=Xios;75340709] and put it at the start of the parts you want to quote, such as:

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]Just looking to get some feedback, was thinking of opening a Gaming Centre somewhere in the Midlands, around Longford, Mullingar area

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]was just wondering what the response would be. Would enough people be interested in a Gaming Centre??

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]It'll act as both a internet Cafe/Online Gaming area, with also an area for PS3 and Xbox gaming. I'll run long gaming nights every week, and also LAN's once a month or more if the demand is there.

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback ye have on this, could it be a potential money maker, or am i just wasting my time???[/QUOTE]

and then follow the [QUOTE] bits the closing quote bit [/QUOTE] to get

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]Just looking to get some feedback, was thinking of opening a Gaming Centre somewhere in the Midlands, around Longford, Mullingar area[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]was just wondering what the response would be. Would enough people be interested in a Gaming Centre??[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=karnsft;74928587]It'll act as both a internet Cafe/Online Gaming area, with also an area for PS3 and Xbox gaming. I'll run long gaming nights every week, and also LAN's once a month or more if the demand is there.[/QUOTE]

Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback ye have on this, could it be a potential money maker, or am i just wasting my time???[/QUOTE]

This will then get you

Just looking to get some feedback, was thinking of opening a Gaming Centre somewhere in the Midlands, around Longford, Mullingar area
    was just wondering what the response would be. Would enough people be interested in a Gaming Centre??
    It'll act as both a internet Cafe/Online Gaming area, with also an area for PS3 and Xbox gaming. I'll run long gaming nights every week, and also LAN's once a month or more if the demand is there.
    Anyway I'd appreciate any feedback ye have on this, could it be a potential money maker, or am i just wasting my time???

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement