Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibly the Most Beautiful Ad for Marriage Equality We’ve Seen

• 28-11-2011 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Have to say, this brought a tear to my eye. What a fantastic ad. How can anyone argue against marriage equality is beyond me.

One of the comments was - it should be played during the superbowl. So true.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Ah yes, After Hours, release the hounds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

It didn't work. I'm still straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Don't see anything great about it, did not bring a tear to my eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

Cool Ad.

Good luck to all involved in the Campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's against God's will. And he's a bit of a c*nt, so you don't want to cross him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well intentioned thread - but will draw the dregs... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

It's a bit gay though isn't it :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Coors-Light

Goes down easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Jack and Jill not Jack and Bill etc etc etc!

rabble rabble rabble

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭amacca

Dudess wrote: »

you called!........................s'up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i don't get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Can't wait for part #2 : The Wedding Night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

He kills him in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

Dudess wrote: »

Even if it opens one closed-minded person's mind it'll be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

End was a total rip-off of The Crying Game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

You can see the end coming a mile off but still it's a great ad. :) Stephen Fry tweeted about it the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

A nice video, I hope it works in getting the message across to those that don't get why gay people want marriage,

For those that don't, then just don't enter into a gay marriage, but don't stop those that aspire to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Not enough shots of the fit girl in the bikini swimming in the sea.

3/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

3/10

True

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I can see the appeal for single sex couples. WAY easier to move furniture. Shopping would probably be a lot fast. Probably more sex. Pain in the arse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I saw it on FB earlier and for some reason I knew it was two guys in the first few seconds. Still a great ad though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

I'm disappointed OP. I thought it was ginna be about a man marrying the equine love of his life or something. Two men?? That's soooo passe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Was that a parody of smack my bitch up?

ah that's nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

hondasam wrote: »
    Don't see anything great about it, did not bring a tear to my eye.

It made me choke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Giselle wrote: »
    It made me choke up.

Do you want a hankie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

It's a bit gay though isn't it :cool:

Agreed. The only thing Manly about it was the ferry at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

It relly brings it home to you how good it is to be heterosexual, Straight pride!!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

3/10

Damn the bourgeois heteronormativity of After Hours

Also, I kind of want a lesbian version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

If it features the fit girl in the bikini, then so do I.

Chance are though, it'll be two bull dykes with short hair, dressed in denim & covered in tattoos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Dotrel wrote: »
    Agreed. The only thing Manly about it was the ferry at the start.
    Hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Love this video, really well done and a great message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Saw that earlier...thought it was lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭cesc77

MarkR wrote: »
    I can see the appeal for single sex couples. WAY easier to move furniture. Shopping would probably be a lot fast. Probably more sex. Pain in the arse though.

Let me tell you something.If you have a couple of gay lads living in the next flat,they sound like a furniture removal business within one room:(

:):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Nice video but it's no "Smack my bitch up" by the Prodigy.

That's a video about gay hookups worth watching.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 boardzie

TWO DUDES :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

How many people here really actually believe in Marriage equality? If all things were equal polygamy would be allowed too, and I am very much OK with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

cesc77 wrote: »
    Let me tell you something.If you have a couple of gay lads living in the next flat,they sound like a furniture removal business within one room:(

Whereas straight lads are such peaceful, gentle, Daniel O'Donnell-loving, god-fearing, tea-drinking, old-woman-helping, book-reading, crossword-doing, knitting-loving fellows. :)

Sure why not bring your gay lads back to the pet shop and get a couple of straight ones instead? They make for much lovelier neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Great video & should be shown everywhere. There's no reason in the world Gay & Lesbian (or is it just "Gay" for both? I never can tell) couples shouldn't be allowed to marry. Why the **** should us hetros be the only ones made miserable ??? :)

Sooner it happens the better, guy I used to work with had a civil union with his partner last week & it was wonderful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,257 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

iMax wrote: »
    Great video & should be shown everywhere. There's no reason in the world Gay & Lesbian (or is it just "Gay" for both? I never can tell) couples shouldn't be allowed to marry. Why the **** should us hetros be the only ones made miserable ??? :)

Sooner it happens the better, guy I used to work with had a civil union with his partner last week & it was wonderful.

haha this is my view of it too in a way.

If gay couples want to get married and be as depressed as straight couples, let em have it! :pac:

whirlpool wrote: »
    Whereas straight lads are such peaceful, gentle, Daniel O'Donnell-loving, god-fearing, tea-drinking, old-woman-helping, book-reading, crossword-doing, knitting-loving fellows. :)

Sure why not bring your gay lads back to the pet shop and get a couple of straight ones instead? They make for much lovelier neighbours.

You'd need a receipt.

As an agnostic,I hope youre not painting all religious people with the same pink brush.I do like the perception you have of someone(me !) who you know nothing about other than my tongue-in-cheek(ohhhh....errr)comment about gays in the flat next to me.

You may want to reconsider your psychoanalysis.Jesus,Father Dougal would have given more of a considered opinion.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

cesc77 wrote: »
    You'd need a receipt.

As an agnostic,I hope youre not painting all religious people with the same pink brush.I do like the perception you have of someone(me !) who you know nothing about other than my tongue-in-cheek(ohhhh....errr)comment about gays in the flat next to me.

You may want to reconsider your psychoanalysis.Jesus,Father Dougal would have given more of a considered opinion.:pac:

Oh yeah, that's right. Because, yup, I did indeed claim that I know anything about you. And no, no - I didn't at all make a potentially as tongue-in-cheek comment as yours. Nope, nope, not at all. Sure you're the only person who does that. Thanks also for informing me that my comment was meant as a psycho-analysis. I hadn't realised exactly how I had intended my comment - but sure, you'd know better than me!

But anyway, I am deeply sorry if you feel you were taken up the wrong way. I'm sure it won't happen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

^^ confused! :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

From Clint Eastwood recently on his view of gay marriage:

"These people who are making a big deal about gay marriage? I don't give a fùck about who wants to get married to anybody else! Why not?! We're making a big deal out of things we shouldn't be making a deal out of....Just give everybody the chance to have the life they want."

Too right, straight people shouldn't be the only ones who have to suffer the misery of marriage :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

That's Fabulous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

whirlpool wrote: »
    But anyway, I am deeply sorry if you feel you were taken up the wrong way. I'm sure it won't happen again.

Candidate for "unfortunate phrasing of the day" ?

As for the thread in general - I don't see why redefining a word is such an issue. What next - redefining the word "brothers" so that it includes different-sex siblings as well ?

Live and let live re a partnership between two people who love and respect each other (lucky them for finding each other these days) but redefining an existing word is a fixation that I can't understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

This is a quite touching and entertaining documentary, especially (for those who don't want to watch it all) from the last minute of Part 4 (8 mins 36 onward) and the first 1.5 mins of Part 5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement