Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possibly the Most Beautiful Ad for Marriage Equality We’ve Seen

2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Dotrel wrote: »
    Agreed. The only thing Manly about it was the ferry at the start.

It wasnt the manly ferry though they got out at luna park :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

boardzie wrote: »
    TWO DUDES :eek:

You watched it to the end.

This means you now have Teh Ghey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Didn't have to watch it to know the ending.

Thread title gives it away.

And Bruce Willis is a Ghost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Candidate for "unfortunate phrasing of the day" ?

As for the thread in general - I don't see why redefining a word is such an issue. What next - redefining the word "brothers" so that it includes different-sex siblings as well ?

Live and let live re a partnership between two people who love and respect each other (lucky them for finding each other these days) but redefining an existing word is a fixation that I can't understand.

No. Thats why we call them sisters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Part 2 : the honeymoon video...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Bawled.my.eyes.out.
    That was wonderful :')

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Shiner11

Why is it that Gay guys have the sexiest of female friends?

ALL OF THE TIME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

As for the thread in general - I don't see why redefining a word is such an issue.

It's not about redefining the word, it's about changing the law so same-sex couples have the same rights and legal recognition as straight couples, which at the moment they don't.

A lot of the arguements in favour of same-sex marriage centre around children's rights issues. The law as it currently stands puts a child at a huge disadvantage if they happen to be raised by a same-sex couple.

Even civil partnerships here in Ireland don't give the same rights as marriages. For instance, if civil partners are raising a child, one of whom is the biological parent, and the biological parent dies, the other partner is not legally recognised as a parent. They get little or no custody or access rights and no legal basis as a guardian or step-parent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The hug at the end was a bit of a cop out. Why didn't they kiss or would that be a bit too gay :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Live and let live re a partnership between two people who love and respect each other (lucky them for finding each other these days) but redefining an existing word is a fixation that I can't understand.

Hurray for disingenuous bullshit arguments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

JJayoo wrote: »
    The hug at the end was a bit of a cop out. Why didn't they kiss or would that be a bit too gay :rolleyes:

... or even meet them halfway with a nice friendly grope of the arse and balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Doop

As for the thread in general - I don't see why redefining a word is such an issue. What next - redefining the word "brothers" so that it includes different-sex siblings as well ?

but redefining an existing word is a fixation that I can't understand.

:confused: Aint got anything to do with re-defining words....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

MarkR wrote: »
    I can see the appeal for single sex couples. WAY easier to move furniture. Shopping would probably be a lot fast. Probably more sex. Pain in the arse though.

For a gay couple? :P
    Dahhhling, they are born to shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I had half hoped for some controversy on this thread as it would have stayed on the front page longer and more people would see the video, but it seems to be unanimous that this video rocks! Fair play AH! :pac:

Oh and just realised the irony of me bumping this thread to the front page.

Advertisement