Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major crash on Wilkin St ?

• 28-11-2011 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭

Girlfriends mother saw what look to be a crashed car in the wall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Faq wrote: »
    Girlfriends mother saw what look to be a crashed car in the wall

Where's Wilkins St?? Hope it not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

jo06555 wrote: »

Dunno that street either lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

It's down past the people park IIRC. hope everything is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

would hardly think you could have a Major crash on what effectively is a one lane street that traffic has to give way to oncoming traffic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

she said it was hard to see might go have a look to be sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

your girlfriends Mother saw a crash but it was hard to see, and you title it major crash, do you work for the Sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

wellboytoo wrote: »
    would hardly think you could have a Major crash on what effectively is a one lane street that traffic has to give way to oncoming traffic

Possibly one person didn't give way!! Some people don't have patience on that street it's really annoying! Hope the people involved are ok!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Probably jumped the gun saying it was major but still there was a lot of lights around hopefully no injury's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

There is definitely a case for making Wilkins St one way only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

I hope whoever was in the crash are ok.

It's mad on that road especially around 2.30pm when a number of the primary schools are coming out around the same time. The school bus parked on the corner doesn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

if you go up johns hill from the mansion house pub, you take your 1st turn left onto lower newtown and then take your 2nd turn right, now your on wilkin street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

One of the girls I know living up that way said one car hit the wall and another car crashed into the back of it. She was passing as the ambulance arrived and said the one in the wall seemed to be crumpled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

There was a major crash alright, but it wasn't on the street you mention. I was coming home from the hospital around 7:30pm and as I passed along Passage Road behind Newtown School, there were Garda and Ambulance lights flashing up ahead. It looks like a car came down St Patricks Way (the downhill road between the top of The Folly and Passage Road) too fast and hit another car from behind sending it across Passage Road and into the rear wall of the school. That was my interpretation anyway. It looked nasty and both cars were a mess. Hopefully all concerned are ok, but if it happened as I described, the passengers in the first car will have done well to escape with minor injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

gscully wrote: »
    There was a major crash alright, but it wasn't on the street you mention. I was coming home from the hospital around 7:30pm and as I passed along Passage Road behind Newtown School, there were Garda and Ambulance lights flashing up ahead. It looks like a car came down St Patricks Way (the downhill road between the top of The Folly and Passage Road) too fast and hit another car from behind sending it across Passage Road and into the rear wall of the school. That was my interpretation anyway. It looked nasty and both cars were a mess. Hopefully all concerned are ok, but if it happened as I described, the passengers in the first car will have done well to escape with minor injury.

I passed at 19.00 and attest to what is being said above.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

Yeah its a dangerous part of the road there coming down to the lights on St Patricks Way. If someones brakes are not the best and on a wet road it can be a dangerous spot alright and also its a blind spot before you get to the hill.

Maybe the gatso vans would be better suited along that stretch of road from the folly on and similar DANGEROUS roads around the city instead of the duel carriage in ferrybank, ballytruckle rd, the ring road etc.
    They might not make as much money but would possibly be saving bad accidents and lives but i suppose saving lives does'nt pay the bills.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

ikeano29 wrote: »
    Yeah its a dangerous part of the road there coming down to the lights on St Patricks Way. If someones brakes are not the best and on a wet road it can be a dangerous spot alright and also its a blind spot before you get to the hill.

Maybe the gatso vans would be better suited along that stretch of road from the folly on and similar DANGEROUS roads around the city instead of the duel carriage in ferrybank, ballytruckle rd, the ring road etc.
    They might not make as much money but would possibly be saving bad accidents and lives but i suppose saving lives does'nt pay the bills.:mad:

And that is the exact reason they wont put it there...

Money generators is all they are..

H

Advertisement