Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clearing a Northern reg van

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

You need it inspected at the ncts same as a car..

Vrt on large vans is 250 euro and its 13.5% of the omsp on smaller vans like yours..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Condi wrote: »

Your doing something wildly wrong there. A brand new berlingo starts at around 12000 at a guess.

Omsp is the recomended retail price of the van thats set by the simi. No way is it 25k.

• Advertisement

A multispace is a berglino with seats and windows in the back. Your looking in the passnger vehicle section, you should be looking at commercials.

Unless the Berlingo qualifes for the bigger load space which i am not sure if it does thats why its not showing.

I guessed at 07 1.9 berglingo with 50,000 miles registered in june 07

Vehicle Details
    Statistical Code
    Model
    BERLINGO
    Make
    CITROEN
    Version
    1.9D MULTISPACE DESIRE HDI 3D

Current OMSP determined by Revenue
    €6086

Revenue CO2 Calculation
    CO2 Emissions
    Rate of VRT
    13.3%

VRT Chargeable

€809

• Advertisement

I don't know how you got this. I used the commercial section of the calculator. Also, it's the 1.6 HDi version I'm looking at. €800 is steep for clearing a van is it not?

For some reason the only one they list in 5 door is the multispace and the same for the 1.6 in 3 or 5.

I see where you got the 25000 omsp from though. The first omsp they show in the top left of the box is the rsp when new, you can ignore that. They show the current omsp further down.

you'll probably have to ring them for the proper one.

€800 is probably about what it will be though (based on the 1.9 . I cant see there beign a huge difference in the omsp or the two)

(the omsp in bold is the one the vrt is calculated off)

Breakdown of VRT Calculation
    Open Market Selling Price (OMSP) determined by Revenue
    €25000
    Monthly adjustment
    +96%
    Depreciation code allocated by Revenue
    A1
    Odometer reading
    50000 Miles
    Date of first registration
    JUNE 2007
    Mileage/Kilometre reduction
    €0
    Rate of depreciation for this vehicle
    38%
    Current OMSP determined by Revenue
    €14880

Revenue CO2 Calculation
    CO2 Emissions
    Rate of VRT
    13.3%

VRT Chargeable

€1979

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kawasaki1100

While you are at it check out the road tax cost its not cheap anymore, thats another ripoff.

While you are at it check out the road tax cost its not cheap anymore, thats another ripoff.

The motor tax rate for commercials under 3t is €288.:confused:

None of the rates, be it private or commercial have jumped massively at any stage. Relatively small incrimental increases every year or two.

The motor tax rate for commercials under 3t is €288.:confused:

None of the rates, be it private or commercial have jumped massively at any stage. Relatively small incrimental increases every year or two.
    Peugeot Partner 2.0 hdi 614euro:mad:

Peugeot Partner 2.0 hdi 614euro:mad:

Thats for a private vehicle (and any private wehicle of that cc). Seeing as we are talking about a van, I took it as it was to be commercial, so its €288.

€614 is still not massivly more than it was a few years ago.incrimental increases were about 5% or less iirc.

Thats for a private vehicle (and any private wehicle of that cc). Seeing as we are talking about a van, I took it as it was to be commercial, so its €288.

€614 is still not massivly more than it was a few years ago.incrimental increases were about 5% or less iirc.
    It was about 256euro 2years ago then it jumped to 614euro as they now tell me i need to be vat reg to avail of the lower rate.

It was about 256euro 2years ago then it jumped to 614euro as they now tell me i need to be vat reg to avail of the lower rate.

The rate didnt jump from 256 to 614. Your van was moved from commercial tax to private rates.

The commercial rate is €288.

You also dont need to be vat registered. I never was and neither are any of the people I know with commercial vehicles at the minute. You just need to sign the declaration form that you are using it for commercial purposes only , witnessed by the Gards.

• Advertisement

The rate didnt jump from 256 to 614. Your van was moved from commercial tax to private rates.

The commercial rate is €288.

You also dont need to be vat registered. I never was and neither are any of the people I know with commercial vehicles at the minute. You just need to sign the declaration form that you are using it for commercial purposes only , witnessed by the Gards.
    Many thanks for the advice my friend,must go and tax it now:D

Nope. Theres VRT on everyhing. Theres cheaper flat rates for certain things like classics though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 glasses16

I am buying a NI reg car, when I checked the VRT rates about a month ago for it on revenue website it came up as €423, just checked again the other day and now it is €535. Why the change and wondering if the VRT would be cheaper in the new year, but then probably will be hit with motor tax hike if it goes up in the budget, the car is a 1.2

glasses16 wrote: »
    I am buying a NI reg car, when I checked the VRT rates about a month ago for it on revenue website it came up as €423, just checked again the other day and now it is €535. Why the change and wondering if the VRT would be cheaper in the new year, but then probably will be hit with motor tax hike if it goes up in the budget, the car is a 1.2
    Revenue are hikeing up the vrt solely to snuff out the cross border trade, i soon wont be worth going north to purchase a motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭farrellniall

hold on lads i brought in a 08 old shape berlingo. about 6 months ago and i booked it into the vrt there number is 1890927787. booked it in with them got a date for 2 weeks later. went down they didnt even look at the van. the woman behing the counter handed me a pice paper with a bill of 200 so i paid it them got my new reg and i could DOE and tax it. so i dont think you yous the vrt website to get the amount. i think all comercials are €200. hope this helps.

Advertisement