Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man shot dead Dublin.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Keitho Dub

I put this thread in wrong place but found a home for it in region, Dublin City has seen the number of gun murders down from a high of 31 killings in 2009, with winter and the dark nights mornings, and this latest murder today will we see more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stevensi

I'm only living in Dublin a small while now but everytime something bad happens in Dublin it seems to be Ballyfermot! I had to get the 78A bus before which goes out to Ballyfermot and I sat upsatirs and if you saw the people on it you would not believe that they could be Irish...unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Keitho Dub wrote: »
    I put this thread in wrong place but found a home for it in region, Dublin City has seen the number of gun murders down from a high of 31 killings in 2009, with winter and the dark nights mornings, and this latest murder today will we see more of the same.

eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

dark & dublin people = murder figures up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

With winter and dark nights we will see more dark nights. Gotcha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

stevensi wrote: »
    I'm only living in Dublin a small while now but everytime something bad happens in Dublin it seems to be Ballyfermot! I had to get the 78A bus before which goes out to Ballyfermot and I sat upsatirs and if you saw the people on it you would not believe that they could be Irish...unreal.
    When you say you've been in Dublin a small while, how small is small. I've lived in Ballyfermot all my long life, but I think I've missed all the bad.

dubtom wrote: »
    When you say you've been in Dublin a small while, how small is small. I've lived in Ballyfermot all my long life, but I think I've missed all the bad.

Just over a year and half now. I guess it must be the way the media portrays the place but it seems by what i've read a lot of the gangland members seem to be originally from Balleyfermot .As i said my only experience is the couple of times i got the 78A through it and that was a scary ride on that bus I can tell you. But maybe the media does the place an injustice I can only really go on what I read although I have had people tell me the place is a little dodgy but again that is all heresay!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

Actually think ballyfermot has been in the news quite a bit in the last four years there was the man shot in the ranch, tiger kidnapping liffey gaels, was it a stabbing or shooting near sarsfield road a while back, there was the car bomb thing and now this
    78A might be scary because of the people on it from clondalkin :eek: (only joking)

I live in ballyfermot doesnt bother me a bit you get social problems nearly everywhere in dublin these days but i do notice when we are in the news because it freaks my room mate out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

Just over a year and half now. I guess it must be the way the media portrays the place but it seems by what i've read a lot of the gangland members seem to be originally from Balleyfermot .As i said my only experience is the couple of times i got the 78A through it and that was a scary ride on that bus I can tell you. But maybe the media does the place an injustice I can only really go on what I read although I have had people tell me the place is a little dodgy but again that is all heresay!

I'm from Clondalkin and that certainly could be a 'lively' bus journey with all the junkies and nutters upstairs.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Man shot dead Dublin.

Must have taken a hell of a lot of bullet to do that.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Rachiee wrote: »
    78A

the 78 bus doesnt exist anymore - so you are safe enough now

irishbird wrote: »
    the 78 bus doesnt exist anymore - so you are safe enough now

The number 40 is the 78a in all but name, the junkie cruise lives on:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

But how do you actually figure out (without talking or listening to this person), that he/she is Irish or not?

Lars1916 wrote: »
    But how do you actually figure out (without talking or listening to this person), that he/she is Irish or not?

Usually the constant droning "awwwrroight bud" to everyone is a giveaway.;)

Lars1916 wrote: »

They were so loud on the bus that day you couldn't help ut know they were irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/1130/darcyd.html

Gardaí say they will investigate a claim by a dissident republican group that it was involved in the murder of a father of two outside his home in Ballyfermot two days ago.
    David Darcy was shot dead just before 7am on Monday morning as he reversed his company van out of his driveway on Cherry Orchard Avenue to go to work.
    Garda Headquarters would not comment on the claim, but garda sources say they have no evidence to substantiate allegations made about the victim in the statement issued today in the name of the Continuity IRA.
    Detectives at the incident room in Ballyfermot Garda Station have reiterated their appeal for anyone with knowledge of the murder or any other information to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

It was very sad and shocking and a family are now without a husband and dad. We live around the corner and it really brought home how terrifying this type of crime is. It's one thing to see these things on the news but another when it happens on your doorstep.

CIRA claim killed this man, will this Republican feud escalate ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=74539027&postcount=87 CIRA Laim Kenny who was killed in the summer by REAL IRA.

• Advertisement

http://www.echo.ie/p_32/News_Article/a_162/Dissidents_claim_murder_of_dad. Mr Darcy paid 20000 for involvement in Laim Kenny murder claimed CIRA.

So whats your take on all this keitho, Are you from Ballyfermot ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Keitho Dub, do not post again in this thread if you aren't going to comment on the stories you are linking to

In fact, just don't bother linking to any more stories

Thanks

realies wrote: »
    So whats your take on all this keitho, Are you from Ballyfermot ?
    There has been statements from the 3 sides in this Republican feud, Real IRA, Continuity IRA, Real Continuity faction, the Real IRA and Real Continuity faction have been in this feud for a number of years there has been harassment and assaults on members of the RCF by RIRA then CIRA man Liam Kenny was killed it is said by RIRA last summer, RCF said it was the Real IRA in the star news paper, then a man was shot but not killed also in Ballyfermot RCF said it was the RIRA that did it, the man who was killed David Darcy it was said may have a link to the man who was shot but not killed, CIRA said he was part of a crime gang who killed Liam Kenny, Republican groups call each other Criminal gangs when there is a feud.

Des wrote: »
    Keitho Dub, do not post again in this thread if you aren't going to comment on the stories you are linking to

In fact, just don't bother linking to any more stories

Thanks

Comment done. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭J K

Acronyms aside, several showers of scrotes having it out to see who gets to be the shower of scrotes that shakes down local business.

There has been statements from the 3 sides in this Republican feud, Real IRA, Continuity IRA, Real Continuity faction, the Real IRA and Real Continuity faction have been in this feud for a number of years there has been harassment and assaults on members of the RCF by RIRA then CIRA man Liam Kenny was killed it is said by RIRA last summer, RCF said it was the Real IRA in the star news paper, then a man was shot but not killed also in Ballyfermot RCF said it was the RIRA that did it, the man who was killed David Darcy it was said may have a link to the man who was shot but not killed, CIRA said he was part of a crime gang who killed Liam Kenny, Republican groups call each other Criminal gangs when there is a feud.

Think I got it :confused: So what has been the reaction to the claims by the cira, as almost all media and Garda sources say that David darcy (rip) was not involved in any gangs/Ira,s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement