Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woodstown Viking Site

• 28-11-2011 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

A number of years have passed now since there were people fighting to save this extremely significant viking settlement from having a road built over it and I've yet to hear much information or see anything even related to this site. Can anyone tell me what is going on with it????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Grand bunch of thistles growing on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,828 ✭✭✭✭looksee

The part where the road now is was excavated and the finds can be seen in the Viking museum in Reginalds Tower. All the rest has been left until such time that there are funds available to investigate it properly. Sadly, in the current financial climate, archaeology is not a priority and since it has been there for 1000 years, a bit longer will not make a great deal of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

looksee wrote: »
    The part where the road now is was excavated and the finds can be seen in the Viking museum in Reginalds Tower. All the rest has been left until such time that there are funds available to investigate it properly. Sadly, in the current financial climate, archaeology is not a priority and since it has been there for 1000 years, a bit longer will not make a great deal of difference.

I see no harm in letting future generations excavating it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,828 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    I see no harm in letting future generations excavating it.

Er, yes, that's what I was saying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Reports from the contractors were published in Decies if you're interested

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

efla wrote: »
    Reports from the contractors were published in Decies if you're interested

where?

Advertisement