Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco saving scheme

Options
  • 28-11-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭

Tonight bought €29 worth of goods handed in the €50 Saving scheme book and was told I would loose out. It would not get any form of change on the book. Previous years have always given change as cash. On the book it says the book can be fully or partically redeemed. Should I be entitled to get some form of credit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You are entitled to whatever the T&Cs state, and probably not a whole lot more. Partial redemption doesn't mean you get change, it just means you can use it to pay for something that's worth less than the booklet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Did you get your voucher in one €50 voucher?! That's really strange, I always get mine in mixed amounts in the book - I had €40 last week and it was in 8 €5 vouchers. "partially redeemable" to me would suggest that you could pay €50 off something that cost more, not that you could use some of it and get change. If I was in that position, I'd ask to see the manager and get them to take a look, something doesn't seem right there, maybe you caught a cashier on an off day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Sorry, €49 book made up of €1 stamps. There doesn't seem to be any proper T&C and the cashier asked the cashier next to her.
    Had an issue before as well where veg had gone off before the display untill and use by dates (14th and 16th) spent 10 mins explaining what the use by date was and the fact the veg was rotten.

spookwoman wrote: »
    Sorry, €49 book made up of €1 stamps. There doesn't seem to be any proper T&C and the cashier asked the cashier next to her.
    Had an issue before as well where veg had gone off before the display untill and use by dates (14th and 16th) spent 10 mins explaining what the use by date was and the fact the veg was rotten.

Ah, sorry, I get you now - that seems really weird, I'd go in and talk to the manager to be honest - I've had bad luck with meat in there before, took a chicken home, opened it that evening and it was off, despite being within use-by date, brought it back & got a refund no problem - ask to see the manager, that's a pure balls if they're not letting you take a certain amount out of your book at a time.

Especially when they are not gift vouchers. This scheme is supposed to help people save for xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Thats always been the way, its about 6 year since I stated buying saving stamps for the books. You could never get change, you tender the book all in one go and get the free €1.

I dont know what store gave you change but I dont think they were supposed to. Did they just give you cask back for the difference?

Its was waterford and they gave cash back. If they are not going to give cash at least give stamps. They are making money as it is on the interest

If you don't get anywhere with it, join the Clubcard Christmas Saver - you don't get your money off vouchers all year but you get them all in bulk in November, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I can't find anything on their website regarding the T&Cs of the Saving Stamps scheme. Is there anything written on the booklet?

Yes, its written on the back of the little booklet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Yes, its written on the back of the little booklet.

Can you (or anyone else) post it up here?

Knowing the T&Cs may help other posters.

Spoke with Tesco head off and you are entitled to get credit back. The card should have been taken and €20 given back.
    Got through to the branch manager and they also agreed that I should have got credit back. Took details from receipt and will get back on Thursday when they have spoken with till operator.

Oh thats great, what kind of card, the new swipe gift cards? That would be better again.

I'll get a copy of the card tomorrow night.

AFAIK it says, completed stamp card can be used as part payment.

Its a card that takes stamps you buy at tesco. its worth €49 and in december you get an extra €1 stamp

I'm sorry, I think I confused things. Yes its this card I used to do, you get the card and pay for stamps from the machine during the year and in December you can use a full one to pay €50 off your shopping.

If you only use €29 of the card, what kind of card did they give you for change, gift card?

It says:

4. This card may be redeemed in any Tesco store for goods only. Excluding medicines.

Also it says:

You can redeem this card at all times, at any Tesco store, and the amount you have saved will be deducted from your shopping.

Best thing to do then is to redeem a €50 completed card for something cheap like €4.99 and get the gift card as change!!

Advertisement