Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I just rrod'd

Options
  • 28-11-2011 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Yeah, so my Xbox just got the good ol' red rings of death. Not a problem you hear aut much any more. What's the story these days with getting it addressed. I know a year or two back they were repairing/replacing them for free, is that still the case? I'm not sure exactly how old it is as I bought it off adverts.ie back in 2009. Basically what are my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ring them.

They'll go through your options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭PelicanLegend

I've had this 3 times now. In 2008, 2010 and since August this year.
    The previous 2 times i've rang them and ultimately got a free replacement but it was a rigmarole. Hours on the phone, told different things by each person you spoke to. Being told its going to cost €50 plus delivery to get it fixed. "Turn off your xbox, disconnect it from the power supply, what colour is the light on the battery" 1000 times.
    As i said I eventually got a replacement one each time but it was a stressful experience and I don't think i can go through it again. Took years off me.

I'm thinking of just paying someone whatever it is to get it fixed. Microsoft are a nightmare to deal with on this. Disgraceful really as the obviously have sold a dodgey product.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

We've a call center based in ireland now, so call in and they'll discuss your options with you. If you bought it off adverts it could be a case that the previous owner had it before you for quite some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 GamingSynergy

Having gotten in in '09 means that it's no longer in warranty. You'll probably have to pay up a good wad O' cash to get it fixed! Or... You can fix it yourself (Takes less than an hour). I got a good guide which helped me get my Xbox Elite up and running again from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

Please whatever you do dont use the guide linked to above it does more damage than anything else.

Your more than likely out of warranty with Microsoft.
    Look here for third party repair http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489 if you want to get it repaired

Your looking for somebody that uses a rework station.
    If they dont use a rework station dont let them anywhere near your 360.

the ole rrod is alive and well yet just its been around so long everyone knows what to do.
    Slims and the last run of the phat consoles are alot less prone to these problems though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement