Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Home!

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello all,

My recent business has failed due to the recession and my home is the first legal charge on the loan i have recievers coming into the business now and was wondering is it possible that i could lose my home? :(

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

lopliss wrote: »
    Hello all,

My recent business has failed due to the recession and my home is the first legal charge on the loan i have recievers coming into the business now and was wondering is it possible that i could lose my home? :(

thanks

Unfortunately you could. Receivership involves a recevier being appointed to realise assets of the company in order to pay off an existing loan. The good news is that they are going after your business assets first but very often, a receivership will end in compulsory liquidation of the company anyway. If neither of these measures yield results then the Bank may have to call in the guarantee.

While this will take some time to process, it will still mean that your home is at risk down the line. Any payments you can offer will stall this process so it is suggested that negotiation with your lender would be of assistance here. Contact MABS for some financial advice as your first port of call but you should also consider a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lopliss

Thanks for responding :) How long do you think it could possibly take?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭blueythebear

lopliss wrote: »
    Thanks for responding :) How long do you think it could possibly take?

Depends on so many factors that I couldn't give you any kind of coherent answer but more than a year, probably. See a professional about this as your home could potentially be at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

See a solicitor - no legal advice per charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭32minutes

Go to FLAC for initial advice, it's completely free and might get you started. They might even refer you to someone good

• Advertisement
Advertisement