Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book Crossing Convention Dublin 13-15 April 2012

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

It's finally happening!

www.bcdublin2012.ie

www.Bookcrossing.com

The convention will take place in the Camden Court Hotel, Camden St. Dublin 2.

Early bird registration is €40 before 31/12/11
    From 01/01/12 it will be €50.

We particularly would love to see Irish based Book Crossers!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

First link doesn't work.

What happens at the Convention?

EDIT: www.bcdublin2012..com works

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks for that. Book Crossers from all over the world meet at an annual convention, usually held in mid April. I went to the 2011 convention in Washington DC in April this year. It is a great way of meeting all the Book Crossers. Have a look at the various forums, where people chat to each other. The Book Crossers then are really happy to meet up with their on-line friends.

The members come from Europe, US, Australia New Zealand, and world wide. For some reason the antipodean countries are really well represented at the conventions and as Book Crossers. The info. about activities at the Dublin convention is on the BC Dublin site. Apologies, I will sort out proper links in a few days.

Another good place to look at the various activities is the UK UnCon site. I'lll put up more info on this in a few days.

In the meantime, have a look at the Book crossing site, under the Convention forum.

More info. to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

What is a 'Book crosser' ?

A person who reads a book and then leaves it somewhere for another reader to pick up and read. You can "wild release" the books i.e. Leave them in public places, hoping that someone will pick up the book and read it. The books are all registered on the Book Crossing website. I have a separate thread on it as I actually found out about Book Crossing from Boards.

I'll post all the links tomorrow. In the meantime, please do look at the website www.bookcrossing.com it will give you a good idea of what happens at the conventions.

More info. to follow tomorrow.

Morlar wrote: »
    What is a 'Book crosser' ?

Sorry, forgot to say a Book Crosser is not cross at all, most of them are very nice, kind people. That is often why they are attracted to Book Crossing in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement