Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to get Tattoo work done in Dublin?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Apologies guys, first post here on the Tattoo & Piercing forum and I am sure this topic has been posted a million times before. However, I noticed that when posters ask about the "best" place to go, in general the answer given is "depends on what type of tattoo you want." It seems very specific to each case.

I've been to a couple of places in Dublin and one while I was away and I have a total of 3 tattoos. I have had nothing but bad experiences with tattoos and I wanted to get my tattoos fixed. The are relatively simple tattoos, no colour, not large by any stretch of the imagination and I would have thought they are they type of tattoos that an artist could do relatively easily.

Where do you guys think is the most reliable/friendly/experienced place to get my tattoos sorted? I'm one of those customers that will continue to go back somewhere, if the job is done well.

Is there a general consensus on where the best place in Dublin to go is? Or is there any that are highly recommended? I just want to get these sorted out. I'm of the opinion that if something is going to be on my skin pretty much for life, that I want it to be as close to perfect as possible. And in all honesty, the tattoos I have, although I love them, there are one or two little things about them that really bother me.

So long story short, where in general is seen as the best place to go to get tattoos done? Redone/Fixed to be specific?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It does depend though as different artists will specialize in different styles. I'd recommend colourworks in temple bar or snakebite on Abbey st. Nothing but good from both studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭theflash800

It does depend though as different artists will specialize in different styles. I'd recommend colourworks in temple bar or snakebite on Abbey st. Nothing but good from both studios.

I have gotten a piercing in snakebite before and I agree they are a brilliant place. I assumed they would be seen as a decent place to go, but as I said, it's a personal preference. So I said I should ask the Boards guys what they think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I had an excellent experience in Wildcat Jervis, for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Spilled Ink looks amazing. http://www.facebook.com/Spilled.Ink.Tattoo.Studio

Joe Deegan is there at the moment and he's incredible. I've also seen stuff by Paulie that he has posted up on moshspace, it's also brilliant. I've never been myself but I think I might go there next time.
    I had an excellent experience in Wildcat Jervis, for what it's worth.

Really? I've been the opposite with that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Really? I've been the opposite with that place!

Yup, I couldn't say enough good things about Wojt and the studio while I was there :)
    Immaculately clean, professional, and an excellent job.

But it depends on who you deal with, I guess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jabroni

Colourworks are really talented, professional and friendly. I'd defo reccommend them.

wojts portfolio is amazing! Do you know if he charges per hour or per piece? And if its by hour do you know what the rate is? thanks

Advertisement