Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trill on the hill video 1987 ?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

theres a video doing the rounds on some site (that i cannot find) of the 1987 trill on the hill on ballybricken, i heard a few people in the pub talking about it,
    if anyone knows the link for it please share it with us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Ha would love to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Brother got it on dvd I have no idea what it is

Faq wrote: »
    Brother got it on dvd I have no idea what it is
    deadly. Ya anywhere near hillview and I rip it?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Swissarmyknife

Happened to walk into Alfies on the hill a good few weeks ago,and they were showing it there,missed half of it,and you would recognise a lot of folks (if you are old enough:)) sadly some have passed away.
    But would love to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Happened to walk into Alfies on the hill a good few weeks ago,and they were showing it there,missed half of it,and you would recognise a lot of folks (if you are old enough:)) sadly some have passed away.
    But would love to see it again.

What was the trill on the hill? Concert?

• Advertisement

chelloveks wrote: »
    What was the trill on the hill? Concert?

Yeah that's it.
    Had music in back of lorries etc. I was only a ickle biker then. Can still remember the rumbly in me tumbly from the music being so loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

seanybiker wrote: »
    deadly. Ya anywhere near hillview and I rip it?

I have it on dvd Seany.
    Only thing is the type of file (.vob) will only play on a laptop and not on a dvd player cos it needs to be converted.

Are you any way techie?? Do you think you'd be able to sort it out?

I have it on dvd Seany.
    Only thing is the type of file (.vob) will only play on a laptop and not on a dvd player cos it needs to be converted.

Are you any way techie?? Do you think you'd be able to sort it out?

Yeah I can do that. Where in Waterford are ya? Yummy mummy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

il have it tomorrow, lad in work making a copy for me,
    almost an hour long, should be deadly:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'll surely be on it eating candy floss and playing spin the wheel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I have it

just converted it to flv and uploaded it to youtube so quality mightn't be great...even though its about 400mb

Its currently processing.

its an hour long, will youtube allow a video that long? I changed my account to director so that might help

if not does anyone know any hosting sites that will allow videos of that size?

i'll post a link in a bit if it works

Longest video I seen on YouTube is a few days long so hopefully an hour will be grand lol.
    Stop wasting your bandwidth and don't reply till it's up hahaha. Only messing with ya. Good stuff.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Longest video I seen on YouTube is a few days long so hopefully an hour will be grand lol.
    Stop wasting your bandwidth and don't reply till it's up hahaha. Only messing with ya. Good stuff.

:D its uploaded.. just waitin on youtube to get the finger out n process it...

gonna nip to the shop now an it better be done when I get back....

Boil the kettle, and get the popcorn ready .... shows about to start ;)

Typhoon. wrote: »
    :D its uploaded.. just waitin on youtube to get the finger out n process it...

gonna nip to the shop now an it better be done when I get back....

Boil the kettle, and get the popcorn ready .... shows about to start ;)
    Legend. Cheers.

I have it

just converted it to flv and uploaded it to youtube so quality mightn't be great...even though its about 400mb

its an hour long, will youtube allow a video that long? I changed my account to director so that might help

thats brilliant, please share the link when its up... cheers

thats brilliant, please share the link when its up... cheers

He buggered off to the shop. Hope there isn't a queue

Video removed - too long

I'll break it into parts so

be back soon

back in business

Had to split it into 8 parts.. so dont watch em out of sequence ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThrillOnTheHill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Deadly. Proper Father Ted stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Marchandire

Jaysus, I was only 10 when that was on :eek:

Check out the Bescos and the WLR caravan at 6.15!

I have it

back in business

Had to split it into 8 parts.. so dont watch em out of sequence ;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/ThrillOnTheHill

Was I just talking to you on Waterford Gang??? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Ha looks funny I remember that, I was only 7 at the time Im going to try to get my hands on the DVD and watch it in better quality.

Any chance I could borrow the DVD to make a quick copy.

If its one file I could (or someone else) could upload it to dropbox and post the link for anyone to download it.

I could post instructions to tell you how to upload it if you want.

Dropbox is good thinking actually.

I was only 4 then.
    Tis great seeing it. Everyone was friends back then and there was no shyte about having the newest car, nicest house etc.
    A plank of wood and a bag of coal was all they needed for the craic. All them metrosexuals these days would want a manicure before and after each run.

hearny wrote: »
    Ha looks funny I remember that, I was only 7 at the time Im going to try to get my hands on the DVD and watch it in better quality.

Any chance I could borrow the DVD to make a quick copy.

If its one file I could (or someone else) could upload it to dropbox and post the link for anyone to download it.

I could post instructions to tell you how to upload it if you want.

I have the dvd here and am tearin the hair out of my head tryin to convert it lol. At the mo it will only play on pc/laptop, its a .vob file almost 1gb in size but needs to be converted to something suitable for playing on dvd players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Think I spotted myself in the first video :)

dlofnep wrote: »
    Think I spotted myself in the first video :)

Tis the spit of ya anyways. Must be you. Drag the mammy into the puter and ask her

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I have the dvd here and am tearin the hair out of my head tryin to convert it lol. At the mo it will only play on pc/laptop, its a .vob file almost 1gb in size but needs to be converted to something suitable for playing on dvd players

If you want to set up a dropbox account follow this link: http://db.tt/GMDinJR (We will both get a bit of extra space).

Download and install the dropbox software, it creates a folder in you documents folder called dropbox.

Anything you copy to that folder is uploaded to the dropbox site (only you can access it, it will probably take a few hours to upload a file that big), but you can then share the file or folder by logging into the website dropbox.com.

If you share it out I will convert it to a DVD that will play on any (modern) DVD player and either burn it for you or tell you how to do it.

jesus boy, theres some load of people that i spotted in it who are not with us anymore RIP

• Advertisement

jesus boy, theres some load of people that i spotted in it who are not with us anymore RIP
    Yeah that's the worse part of it

Advertisement