Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest route from model farm road to Amazon for somone who cant drive ?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I started working for Amazon about 3 weeks ago, its a work from home Job but I have to spend the first 6-8 weeks working on site until they think Im ready to work from home, I go home at the weekend but stay in Cork for the rest of the week.

Im currently living on model farm road, near the Rendezvous bar. Ive been getting a lift to work from another guy I work with but occasionally hes not around (he commutes up on a Monday morning were as I get the bus down on a Sunday night), on these occasions I have had to get a Taxi, which so far has cost me between €14 and €18 a pop.

After this week we will all be on different shifts, so I cant rely on my friend for a lift. The only bus seems to be the one from the quay, but getting it for say an 8:30 start would mean having get up at 6:30 (2 hours before I start) to catch the 7:10 Number 5 bus to the quay, then wait for 20 minutes for the 7:50 bus from the quay to the airport to end up about another 20 minutes early for work.

Is there an easier way then this ?, I seem to have to get a bus that brings me further away from the airport then were I am staying, to get the only bus that goes there. Id walk it but the road to the airport isnt exactly pedestrian friendly, though I would consider walking as far as I can and possibly getting a Taxi the rest of the way. Any ideas or tips ?, thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Where is Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Here's my idea!

In blue is your current bus route!

Google Map route!

So what I'm thinking is walking (Green)to CUH (Cork University Hospital) to get the 214 Bus (No.14 in old speak)(Orange Route) as far as Togher Cross, which is a small roundabout near a Centra. Then walk(Green) the rest of the way up towards the airport. I'd test it out first on a day off or something! I'd advise you to wear lots of reflective clothing and have some lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

kcb wrote: »
    Where is Amazon?

Amazon is in the airport industrial park. I used to work there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

The Kinsale bus goes via the airport too, there's one that leaves town at 8 from the bus station which (traffic permitting), should get you to the airport for 8.20. Personally, having worked up in Amazon, I wouldn't risk it. They do like their timekeeping and especially if it is just for a few weeks I would just go with the method that gets you there early. Relax with a tea and read the paper you have to go up and have to face all those angry customers who don't understand the concept of "marketplace".

Advertisement