Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASTEC Bypassable zones

Options
  • 29-11-2011 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi Folks,

I had to reset to factory defaults on my Astec 63DV, now I have reinstalled it but when I go to leave ENG mode (99), I get Zone 3 tamper open error. I can’t seem to find ZONE 3 doing the walk test and I don’t have the money to call an ENG. I have the Eng manual but Im still not sure how to BYPASS zone 3 or is it possible to remove a zone for good??

Thanks
    Liam

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It depends on the software version.
    Enter command 49 if it shows a dash & out the press set 3 set .
    you should then be able to leave engineer with input 3 totally disabled.
    Failing that you could get the 1k5 end of line resistor from the last sensor/contact in that loop & put it across zone 3 input & remove the cables that are there.
    The walk test won't identify zone 3 because the tamper is open. enter command 12 press sensor & contact & walk test all sensors contacts & PAs . Whatevers not working is probably on zone 3.
    Check for lppse lids & loose connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lgflynn

you my man are a genius. took 2mins. alarm set and no problems. wife will be happy. thanks again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    Did you find time problem or just isolate it?

Advertisement