Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lefty Trouble

Options
  • 29-11-2011 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

Alright guys, I am at a kind of a crossroads here, I have really gotten into music in the last while and play the piano, guitar, tin whistle, glockenspiel and harmonica all fairly well. But I want to play the violin and ukelele and other instruments like this. But the problem is, I am left handed, I went in and had a look at violins the other day but they obviously only had right handed ones and i was told I would have to play righty, bt it didnt feel comfortable at all!! Also, the ukelele and banjo? I was told you can't get left handed 5 string banjos! Any have similar problems, or know where they have a good range of lefty instruments? Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

id imagine you can get anything lefty these days, if it doesnt feel right and you already play other stringed instruments lefty, id try and get it lefty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Interestingly enough I played the violin right-handed for my Junior Cert. I didn't even know lefty violins existed and no one saw fit to tell me at the time :).

Advertisement