Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Dundalk Santas

Options
  • 29-11-2011 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭

Its that time of year again :o. It looks like I'll be bringing the mini rose to santas grotto.
    Last year I brought him to the shed in the Marshes. For €15 each (I think) a very disinterested santa broke off his conversation with his photoguy/cashier with a 'What do yiz want?' Turned to us and asked if we wanted pictures it was €xx. handed a really crappy gift and we were done! Three kids in, photographed and out in 2 minutes!!!

I was hoping for something less......homemade and dare I say more professional. Anyone with any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ashgal

€15!!!!!!!

What.a.rip-off!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

FFor 45 quid, you can come to my shed and get yer picture taken too!!!! That's crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

I worked as a santa for one season in one of the shopping centers about 20years ago. it was great craic most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mickward

anybody know anything about the place out at ballymascanlon roundabout supposed to be a good santa there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

mickward wrote: »
    anybody know anything about the place out at ballymascanlon roundabout supposed to be a good santa there!

I went two years ago - can't remember how much it was.

its great for the kids - try and get a few out at the same time. They start at the organic food shop/cafe, get on the "train" with one of Santa's helpers who sings songs with them, they get off in a forest where they can see chickens and geese and a couple of reindeers too and Santas sleigh.

They read some stories in the forest shop (they sell old fashioned sweets and other bits and bobs in it) then you go to santa's house (wee round stone cottage with a wee door and a wooden beamed roof and wee windows!) where santa has a big log fire lit and even has his long johns hanging to dry!

Santa is good (Santa was northern in 2009 - might be same one!!) and takes his time with the kids - the present is only a cheap thing but sure no worries. They let us take our own pictures and they weren't rushing us along.

Train ride back to to where you started along with more singing christmas songs and a chance to ring the bell of the train.

The people who run the place are some kind of new age hippies - wouldn't be my cup of tea but they do a good show!! hope its on again this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

That sounds great! Do you remember what it was called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Ok, Happened to be passing the Santa's Grotto in The Long Walk and decided to bring mini rose in.

It was brilliant! A wee cosy living room set up with lots of nicely wrapped presents. Santa and Mrs Claus were really good and professional. They made a real effort with my (surprisingly) mute son and really put him at ease. He got a lovely wee gift too.

At a €5 + €1 for the photo I thought it was great value and a really good experience. Chalk and cheese when compared to the Marshes last year. Definitely recommend it.

Advertisement