Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with flatmate

Options
  • 29-11-2011 3:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Anyone know what I can do about my flatmate, I know there is very little i can do about my food being stolen and wasting esb. But now they are disabling smoke alarms, and stealing and damaging my property.

What can I do about this other then beat the ****e out of them with my baseball bat?
    There was a item missing worth €100, found throwen outside.

Can I get my landlord to get rid of them?
    PS. its only the 2 of us here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Flashpoint wrote: »
    Anyone know what I can do about my flatmate, I know there is very little i can do about my food being stolen and wasting esb. But now they are disabling smoke alarms, and stealing and damaging my property.

What can I do about this other then beat the ****e out of them with my baseball bat?
    There was a item missing worth €100, found throwen outside.

Can I get my landlord to get rid of them?
    PS. its only the 2 of us here

2 options.....

1. Man up and call him on it.

2. report it to the landlord.

Simple really.............:confused:

Also... if its "only the 2 of us here" why "beat them with baseball bat" "get rid of them" "they are....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Baseball bat beating seems a good option..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

charlemont wrote: »
    Baseball bat beating seems a good option..

This isn't After Hours. Let's keep things civil please.

I'd probably approach him first and see how he reacts. Then of course depending on the result, contact the landlord. tbh I don't think he'd kick him out, he might give him/her a warning.

Also, why are you using the term 'they' when there's only 2 of you in the flat?

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

"They" being used for anonymity reasons?

Keep your food, property, etc. in specific areas. Have a cupboard to yourself? Keep everything in it. If there's a lock, even better. Keep a shelf in the fridge just for your stuff. If stuff goes missing, ask them. I wouldn't worry about a little milk for a cup of tea, or some butter for toast, but if a whole steak or 2l bottle goes walkies, then you really need to confront them.

Your room should have a lock on the door, if not talk to your landlord about and say you'd feel safer if you could lock it over the holidays.
    The smoke alarms thing is a serious problem. Are you expected to burn to death or something?? I would also tell the landlord about this, just say it's broken somehow and really needs to be fixed (back it up with some info from the PRTB if necessary).

If he/she continues to be a dick, call el landlord again. Threaten to move out if necessary.
    And please post back how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Play 'them' at their own game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭vinamax

aramush wrote: »
    Play 'them' at their own game.

^^ Childish much?

Advertisement