Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Legalize Cannabis.!

• 29-11-2011 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

So do you think cannabis should be legal? It has medical benefits, and every time research seems to be done on drugs cannabis comes out looking good (better than cigarettes and alcohol)

I think it should be legal, what do ye reckon?

Should Cannabis be legalized? 15 votes

YES(FOR EVERYONE)
    0% 0 votes
    NO
    66% 10 votes
    YES(ONLY FOR PATIENTS WHO IT WILL BENEFIT)
    33% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

I see nothing wrong with cannabis, most people smoke it and it's harmless, imagine the tax they'd get from it, never gonna happen though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

I reckon it's gonna be a long, boring thread with nothing new to say about the issue that hasn't already been said.

But yeah, legalise it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Should be decriminalized at least, possibly leading to legality down line. It's a joke really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Just like the occupy wall st protests I would agree but its just the people who want it legalised that make me disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I think it should be legal anyway. I've watched a few TV shows about it and it can have great benefits. Am I right in seeing that some scientists have said it's safer than coffee as a drug. I think I saw that somewhere.
    Why not legalise it here, and grow it here in green houses.
    It's not like if you want it, being illegal is going to stop you getting it.
    I don't really smoke it myself but I know some friends don't want it to be legalised because they like the way they get it now, without any government interference.
    Politicians are never going to do it any time soon though, a lot seem to just brand all currently illegal drugs under the one brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I thought this was Legalise Cannibals, far better topic.

I for one think we should be able to eat who ever we like (or maybe dislike).

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

right first off why legalize it when it has been shown to slow motor function em-peed in decision making and generally slow brain function. this country is not mature enough to handle any substance with any kind of fore thought. look at alcohol, people go made on the beer in this country but the older nations france italy spain with a culture of alcohol consumption but not a problem socially, well the same goes for cannabis, amsterdam the place to smoke-eat it if you want but you don't see lads lying in the gutters stoned out of their brains their they can moderate their use irish people can not. if youths of todays ireland had free reign with cannabis the place would be post apocalyptic. youths of today don't know whats good for them. as the medication thing is concerned thats bull. too many people live on prescription medication now depending on it when 20 years ago people didn't take anything unless they were on deaths door and they lived longer. i have never taken any mind altering substance save for alcohol and in moderation, tablets only when really needed and i am healthy as a horse. the dependance on medication and drugs is slowly shortening the life span of the average human. its time people realised

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

I smoked it for long enough, and i'd be in the no camp. It can **** you up. Sure it'll help those with medicinal needs, but much like d10's etc, it just has an opposiste effect to those who don't have a medicinal need. And the porportion of supports of the legalize campaigne....... i'd say 90:10. 0 being those in need on medical grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    right first off why legalize it when it has been shown to slow motor function em-peed in decision making and generally slow brain function. this country is not mature enough to handle any substance with any kind of fore thought. look at alcohol, people go made on the beer in this country but the older nations france italy spain with a culture of alcohol consumption but not a problem socially, well the same goes for cannabis, amsterdam the place to smoke-eat it if you want but you don't see lads lying in the gutters stoned out of their brains their they can moderate their use irish people can not. if youths of todays ireland had free reign with cannabis the place would be post apocalyptic. youths of today don't know whats good for them. as the medication thing is concerned thats bull. too many people live on prescription medication now depending on it when 20 years ago people didn't take anything unless they were on deaths door and they lived longer. i have never taken any mind altering substance save for alcohol and in moderation, tablets only when really needed and i am healthy as a horse. the dependance on medication and drugs is slowly shortening the life span of the average human. its time people realised

Now there's a "Down with this sort of thing" post if ever I saw. How old are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm fairly certain that if you do a quick search of the word cannabis, you'll find a recent thread about whether it should be legalised or not.

We really really don't need another thread about this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement