Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

457 - minimum salary??!

Options
  • 29-11-2011 4:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

My boss is willing to sponsor me however in order to do so would have to give me a 20% or so pay rise... This isn't likely to happen at the moment.

Is there anyway around this or any other options??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

I'm not aware of any way around this, it's a mandatory requirement afaik. From looking into this when I was getting through sponsorship, my min. salary was around $45k but this can vary depending on your profession. If you do a search of this forum, there was a very informative thread about this issue before.

This is pretty much it in a nutshell.
    Mellor wrote: »
    Mostly likely it's;

•$61 920 for all other Subclass 457 visa holders working in Information and Communication Technology occupations, or
    •$45 220 for all other Subclass 457 visa holders

However, these are the minimum levels. The employer also has to pay you a salary that is at the market salary rate. If for example, the employer had 3 australians doing the same job, each being paid $75k - then you are supposed to be paid $75k.

Check out this too.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/457-market-salary-rates.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭emfitz

Thanks for that.. I think from July 1 2011 it's gone up to $49330.

I must look into other options maybe the 175 skilled visa might be the way to go.. I'm currently defacto on a 457 but looking to secure my own for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Yeah maybe it is 49,330 now. I only moved to Australia in August 2011 so maybe it was 49,330 when I moved too. When I was looking into it, it was before July 2011 so I might be getting confused with the old figure.

Advertisement