Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premonitions of Death

Options
  • 29-11-2011 4:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

This is something that has troubled me and intrigued me for the last two and a half years. For some unknown reason I am getting forewarnings to the deaths of people I know, all I know is that when I get one of them somebody I know will soon be dead.

In my first instance I had a bad dream in which I encountered Black Horses with red eyes in a funeral courtage whilst driving my car on the road close by my fathers home place. I remember turning my car in panic and speeding away only to wake up from the dream badly shaken and upset!

I told my parents at breakfast that a death was coming very soon, the following day I collected my sister and her boyfriend at the airport after they returned from Spain, immediately a feeling of sheer terror ran through me to see them coming through arrivals not smiling but balling crying, her boyfriends father had died with them getting the news as they got off the plane, I didn't know him that well but met him a few times and he was a nice man and his death was unexpected.

Several weeks ago I called to visit an older man whom I was quite friendly with as we both shared the same hobbys, I remember leaving his house and saying to myself there is not long left in you.

That night whilst in a groggy half asleep mode I felt a presence as if something was passing through my room and whilst it is hard to describe the fabric of space seemed to tear and it was as if I was getting a sneak peek into the next world, I knew that someone was going to die quite soon but went off to sleep only to have my father wake me up the next morning to tell me that the older chap had died suddenly and unexpectedly that morning.

Today again it happened to me, this morning after I woke I was still quite drowsy and checked my phone it having beebed with a new email, as I turned to settle back in I saw a blue sparkle of light for a split second almost like the light on a Christmas tree but immediately something told me I had been forewarned again of another impending death. This evening I heard that a neighbour whom I also knew and was on good terms with had unexpectedly died.

I was quite stunned by this as I was putting the first two deaths down to co-incidence however I now really feel that there is some link and I for reason or another get these warnings. I don't know who is going to die, where or how but that someone I know on a personal level is going to die very soon within the next 36 hours, or 12 hours as per my last two premonitions.

I am not afraid of death myself and whilst not been overly religious myself I do strongly believe in the afterlife and am Catholic albeit totally disillusioned with the Church over the abuse of children.

My mother and father both have reported incidents of premonitions with both of them hearing the clatter of chains (Funeral horses) and splitting of wood (Making the coffin) days before my grandfather (Father's father) died. My mother and aunt also experienced the room they were sleeping in whilst attending their own aunts wake to lightup as they said as bright as day with no explanation, although not a premonition they were in doubt it was contact with another world.

I now accept I have this power, skill whatever you might call it and whilst I would prefer not to have it I do so must just live it I suppose. I am not afraid of it as I am not afraid of death as it is just another natural process.

Anybody ever have something like this happen to them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

To be honest, I wouldnt consider it a power or a skill, more a burden or curse. A premonition offering nothing to identify the person or offering insight is not something I would like to shoulder.

My Auntie used to get something similar back in her psychic days. She eventually packed in the whole psychic thing altogether due to the burden it presented.

Advertisement