Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Detailing Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

That seems like a good enough deal !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Looks the job, I need a new power washer myself.Co-Op in Limerick is selling the Karcher 2.21 for 99 yoyo.Good price?

I think the Karcher I have is 2. something. It's a small enough washer which I have to move to get around the car.

That's why I'm going to get the one in Lidl on Thursday for €120. Bigger construction, 6m hose as opposed to the karcher's 1.5m. Also, the Lidl one has the hose on a reel which makes it very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I think the Karcher I have is 2. something. It's a small enough washer which I have to move to get around the car.

That's why I'm going to get the one in Lidl on Thursday for €120. Bigger construction, 6m hose as opposed to the karcher's 1.5m. Also, the Lidl one has the hose on a reel which makes it very handy.
    Had one of those.. The hose on the reel is a pain in the butt.. Good washer though and you get LIdl 3 year warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

vectra wrote: »
    Had one of those.. The hose on the reel is a pain in the butt.. Good washer though and you get LIdl 3 year warranty

Oh, I'm so conflicted. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Get a nilfisk and an extension hose for the lance.

• Advertisement

Oh, I'm so conflicted. :p

You were whinging about innuendos and here you are seeing them and pointing them out :D

vectra - whether it's a pain or not, it can't be any worse than what I have to do at the moment - try to get the hose to curl then wrap it around the handle hoping it doesn't all come loose!

Problem I saw with it was the reel was so small the hose rolled up tight, when you pull out the hose it would curl up behind me and each time you try to mave around the car it started slapping off it. = Marks on the paint :eek:

Handed it back and told them it was broken after about 11 months,, Got a full refund and bought a smaller one.

You were whinging about innuendos and here you are seeing them and pointing them out :D

Wasn't on purpose, one of ye was pointing out a part as ingenious and another as a flaw in the design.Seeing as Vectra doesn't clay his car I've lost all respect for his opinion though :D

Wasn't on purpose, one of ye was pointing out a part as ingenious and another as a flaw in the design.Seeing as Vectra doesn't clay his car I've lost all respect for his opinion though :D

When you see my car point out to me where I am wrong :D

re: the Nilfisk - I had one and it gave up the ghost pretty quick. Only lasted about 10 months and couldn't have been used more than 10 times in total. Nice power from it for its size but very flimsy imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Where can I get that Gunk engine degreaser? Tried one or two links online last night but delivering was a problem. Looking at doing a job on my engine bay soon. Or any other suggestions?

Fizman wrote: »
    Where can I get that Gunk engine degreaser? Tried one or two links online last night but delivering was a problem. Looking at doing a job on my engine bay soon. Or any other suggestions?

APC will do the job.

Fizman wrote: »

Local Motor Factor's I usually get it.
    APC will do the job.

APC is good but for bedded in oily/dirt you need Gunk or similar.

He could try the APC first to see how well he gets on though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Cillit Bang works wonders, Id post a picture of my engine bay but it would probably blind you all :D

And a bit of agitation with an appropriate brush, leave it for a bit the wipe/rinse off.

listermint wrote: »
    Cillit Bang works wonders, Id post a picture of my engine bay but it would probably blind you all :D

/puts on sunglasses and awaits photo :cool:

/puts on sunglasses and awaits photo :cool:

Challenge accepted.

Took this just now. Could do with a WD40 but im ok with it.

IMG_20120314_140715.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

vectra wrote: »
    Local Motor Factor's I usually get it.

APC is good but for bedded in oily/dirt you need Gunk or similar.

can get gunk in halfords

i use autoglym engine and machine cleaner. spray loads on. rub in with an old paint brush and rince off!

looking for a good polish to get rid of some swirll marks on the car... cant decide between

http://www.cleancar.ie/gtechniq-p1-nanocomposite-polish.html

or

http://www.cleancar.ie/chemicalguys-p40polish.html

• Advertisement

sean1141 wrote: »
    can get gunk in halfords

i use autoglym engine and machine cleaner. spray loads on. rub in with an old paint brush and rince off!

I would assume so.
    If not try to get Jizer
    looking for a good polish to get rid of some swirll marks on the car... cant decide between

or

I cannot comment on Gtechniq
    I did use P40 > While it is excellent as a cleaning polish prior to waxing/sealing, You would have your work cut out to remove swirls. I do think a DA is the only way

@listermint - that's lovely!

I don't like M3 owners though...

i have a da

i have a da

Ah,
    I would be anxious to try the Gtechniq stuff.
    I did use "Fixer" and Megs MF pads I got from Brian @ spiritdetailing.. It did some job on the Toledo..

@listermint - that's lovely!

I don't like M3 owners though...

That is okay, We are all p****s anyway :D

or

Should check out this thread

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showthread.php?p=428517#post428517

Seen it this morning, impressive results for scratch filling. Even the hand polishing alone made a sizeable impact.

listermint wrote: »
    That is okay, We are all p****s anyway :D

The reason I don't like them is because I would love an M3 and I get slightly jealous :o

The reason I don't like them is because I would love an M3 and I get slightly jealous :o

Id give you mine, but as stated im a serious P***k :D

No mines gonna be heirloomed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Awaits kudos :) Aerospace 303 + elbow grease.

IMG_5581.jpg

• Advertisement

Awaits kudos :) Aerospace 303 + elbow grease.

[IMG]http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i210/Nayeli Shaggy Summer/IMG_5581.jpg[/IMG]

Now there is a man to hate

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement