Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker issue on 2008 Mondeo in Limerick

• 29-11-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

All,

I have a 2008 Mondeo with problematic rear speakers. when the car is off there is alot of static bangs and crackles coming from the two (left and right) rear door speakers. It sounds like there are fire works going off in the car. If i start the car or even just turn on the radio this goes away.

Is this something an auto electrician can repair? Its intermittent so i brought it to O'Sheas auto electrician on the dock road and because he could not hear it at the time he was reluctant to look at it.

I am guessing its some form of a short in the wiring going to the rear speakers.

I posted this is the motors section but got no replies.

Need to get this sorted fast as its quite loud, especially at night and I can hear it the bangs and crackles from the bedroom so can only assume the neighbours can hear it also.

Can you recommend anyone in Limerick that could look at this (besides main dealer) and preferbly on a Saturday morning?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Do you have a car kit? One of the ones that comes through your cars speakers?
    Have you had the car from new - is it possible that there was a car kit and it was removed? A bodged carkit installation/removal would be one possible cause?

Search this forum for auto electricians - seems to be a good choice around Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bring it to Des Kennedy in Garryowen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Des Kennedy is the man to go to !

Advertisement