Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Specific Recommendations?

• 29-11-2011 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’ve had a look through a few posts on this topic but can’t seem to find exactly what I’m looking for, so will ask your collective knowledge to perhaps help me out.

I have an iPhone 4S and am looking for a really good set of headphones (not earphones) that have a mic for talking / volume controls.

I saw the Bose QC15s and they have pretty much what I want but the overwhelming feedback seems to be “don’t buy these, they’re not worth the money” and I see pretty much the same thing about the Dr.Dre Beats. I see lots of recommendations for particular brands (Sennheiser etc) but is there anyone out there who would have recommendations for specific headphones rather than just the brands?

Many thanks

The Rook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Phonak Audéo Perfect Fit Earphones 022
    Phonak Audéo PFE 122
    Denon AH-C560R
    Klipsch image S4i
    MEElectronics SP51P
    MEElectronics M6P

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Thanks for that list, but as I mentioned I'm looking for headphones, not earphones ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Don't think there are many headphones with iphone controls. The only one I know of is that might be is Bowers & Wilkins P5 but they're fairly expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Vals_CarBits

some grand ear warmer headphones available here only 20euro delivered with iphhone mic, and volume control (no skip/back buttons though)

Maybe try the Skullcandy Aviator Headphones, made with parts of sunglasses, look very unique, fold up real small aswell and have good padding I have the brown/gold ones + have a 3 button iphone control and mic. Skullcandy are normal pooh but these ones I think are up there with some of the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Rook wrote: »
    Thanks for that list, but as I mentioned I'm looking for headphones, not earphones ....

Get one of these then and stick your headphones............in it.

Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Griffin-Gc10034-Headphone-Control-Adaptor/dp/B003A5AXP4/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1322599625&sr=8-11

• Advertisement
Advertisement