Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sold faulty item shop is fobbing me off.

Options
  • 29-11-2011 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭

I bought a gaming headset in one of Irelands biggest game shops.(wont name names.) they were a pair of tritton ax 180s. to cut the story short they wouldn't work. I went back to the shop to get a replacement or refund which i should get since the product was under a week old. the manager told me to contact the company as it wasn't anything to basically do with them. ive sent 4 emails to the company which i have got no reply and cant ring the number on the box as i have only a use of a mobile and it wont connect the call. im now stuck with a pair of faulty headphones i paid €70 for should i be entitled to a refund from the shop or at least a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The shop is your point of contact as that is where you have the contract of sale.

Under consumer law, you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. The shop can offer any one of the 3 options, but it should be reasonable to both parties. You should produce proof of purchase (be it a receipt, or debit/credit card statement).

Go back to the shop once more, and ask to speak to the manager. State your case. If you don't get any satisfaction, write a registered letter to the store stating that they have XX working days to resolve the issue or you will be lodging a claim in the Small Claims Court (which only costs €15 and you don't require a solicitor).

Advertisement