Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husky not eating?

• 29-11-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Our female husky didn't eat her food last night or this morning..
    She had pups 7 weeks ago, they are just weaned off her.
    When I got home last night she didn't seem as happy or excited to see me, she usually does a little dance the minute I come in the door but she just did a bit of walking around and came over for a bit of affection and when I fed her she jus sniffed it, walked away and lay back down. Tried again later in the evening and did the same :(
    She seemed tired last night or just sad looking! Felt so bad for her.. I filled her water bowl before we went to bed but it didn't look like much was gone from it this morning.
    And usually when I come down the stairs in the morning she's off doing her little tap dance again but this morning she just got up and did the same as yesterday evening, walked her to me and just looked up at me. I went to give her food again and no she wasn't interested. Feel terrible seeing her like that. Her stomach sounded like it was rumbling or gurgling when I was sitting down with her this morning. When I get back this evening and she doesn't eat again I'm going to bring her to the vet.
    Could she maybe have some sort of stomach infection or does anybody have any idea what could be wrong with her?
    We live next door to my boyfriends mother so she looks after her during the day, brings her out for toilet breaks and little walks so I've told her to keep more of an eye on her. See if she makes an improvement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Aru

There are a hugh number of issues that could cause a dog to be depressed dull and anorexic.
    Some serious such as a Pyometra but it could also be due to disorders of the liver gi tract kidneys...basically almost any part of the body could have those issues as a presenting sign..

Id be booking an appointment with your vet OP
    Without seeing the animal and checking her over no one on here will be able to tell you if this is a serious issue or just an animal that is feeling a bit "off"

Fingers crossed for you either way. I hope shes feeling better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Alas there are hundreds of possible causes of appettite loss raging from relatively minor to very serious.
    Don't take chances - see a vet immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

Thanks for the replies!
    I got home this evening to a lot happier dog, tail wagging, jumping up on me etc so I fed her straight away and she tucked in. She didn't eat as much as she usually does but she did eat and have some water also so that's a positive I think!

We're not long back from her walk now and she had some more food and is currently running around behind me here playing with her pups so it's looking like she's in better form. Could she of just been having an 'off' day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Going OT but lippy are you going to find homes for your grandpups or keep them :)? I'd imagine with there only being two of them you've gotten quite attached to them at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lippy11

tk123 wrote: »
    Going OT but lippy are you going to find homes for your grandpups or keep them :)? I'd imagine with there only being two of them you've gotten quite attached to them at this stage?

Very attached at this stage, maybe a bit too attached as I get upset when I think of them going :( Hard not too when they've been under your roof for the past 7 weeks!
    But yes, we've found homes for them. My family is taking one, my mam and my brother, so I'm delighted with that. I know they'll take great care of her so I'm ok with that little lady going as she'll only be 5 mins down the road. But the other little rascal is going to my boyfriends friend, they live in Dublin :( But they're also experienced with dogs and my BF knows them quiet well so we're both happy with the other little lady to go to them. Makes it easier knowing they're going to people we know and trust!

That doesn't mean tears won't be shed when I have to say goodbye :( We will miss the chaos in the house lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement