Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get HDMI cables in Letterkenny

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get HDMI 1.4 cables in Letterkenny at a reasonable price? Currys have them listed on their website but they are priced from €20 to over €100. Was hoping to find something cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Tesco or Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

tesco, not worth spending a fortune on HDMI cables. they had a ten minute guide on the today in tech podcast (twit channel) about this before the weekend. They say that the information being sent is 1s and 0s, teh cable just transfers the data. its the bits it sticks into (TV and Xbox for example) where the magic is done.

Also they say don't be conned by ones that say 3dtv compatable on the box or any other similer gimmicks all HDMI cables are 3d compatable as again all the info is just 1s and 0s.

So OP stay away from big prices and go low end if you can, even try Lidl and Aldi as they usually have componants for cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If you can wait around 10 days for delivery you can get them for around €1.80 for a 2 metre cable including delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

slighty off topic but to follow up on my above point

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/10056547
    Chris' advice is to budget around 10% of a system's price for HDMI cables.

interesting read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭colonel-yum-yum

Just to mirror points above, go as cheap as you can.
    lifehacker.com: why you should never pay more than $10 for hdmi cables
    Expensive cables are a throw back to older cable format where there were slight differences in quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Try the Dealz shop over by TK Maxx etc. Probably pick them up there or the €2 shop in the Courtyard shopping centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Thanks for the replies and advice. I will save a few quid now. That's some price Muffler! My shiny new 3D TV comes today so I'll bookmark that site for the future.

Interesting what you say dannie. I'll set it up first with my existing 1.3 cables and see how I get on with the 3D.

Thanks for the link colonel. I'll do the rounds of Dealz/Euro 2/Lidl/Aldi at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

im pretty sure i saw them at the weekend in dealz shop next to argos! €1:50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    im pretty sure i saw them at the weekend in dealz shop next to argos! €1:50

€1.49....everything is €1.49

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

And Gamestop do them too.

I bought one a few years back off ebay for the PS3 for about €2 delivery included, works perfectly even to this day.

Advertisement