Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

somewhere to eat saturday afternoon not far from the abbey

Options
  • 29-11-2011 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

I'm looking for a nice place to go for a meal on a Saturday afternoon between 4pm and 6pm. My girlfriend is working at the Abbey Theatre and this is her only free time between shows, and we have friends visiting from England. Most of the places I've seen recommended online are too far away on the south side, e.g. Peploe's, Hugo's, Pichet etc. I'm thinking Il Vicoletto in Temple Bar might be an option, but if anyone has any suggestions on the north side of the river, I'd love to hear them. I don't know Dublin very well, but somewhere within a 10-15 min walk of the Abbey preferably.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Louie's Bistro on Mountjoy Square is very nice. It's about a 15 minute walk from the Abbey.

http://www.louies.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot St is very close and one of the best restaurants in Dublin. Talbot 101 also very good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Cafe Carlo across from the spire do the best steak around for 15 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭padraig71

Thanks, everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

The Paris Bakery on Moore Street is bloody lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Shhh

Patser wrote: »
    Le Bon Crubeen on Talbot St is very close and one of the best restaurants in Dublin. Talbot 101 also very good.
    +1 for both of these..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

padraig71 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a nice place to go for a meal on a Saturday afternoon between 4pm and 6pm. My girlfriend is working at the Abbey Theatre and this is her only free time between shows, and we have friends visiting from England. Most of the places I've seen recommended online are too far away on the south side, e.g. Peploe's, Hugo's, Pichet etc. I'm thinking Il Vicoletto in Temple Bar might be an option, but if anyone has any suggestions on the north side of the river, I'd love to hear them. I don't know Dublin very well, but somewhere within a 10-15 min walk of the Abbey preferably.

Been to Il vicoletto and the food is incredilbe, relaxed service, good wine list but very small and cramped.

Advertisement