Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transferring contacts

Options
  • 29-11-2011 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I got an iphone 4 yesterday and have all my contacts which were on the sim on the new phone. However, there are still contacts on my old phone htc desire which I did not save to the sim. How can I transfer them to the iphone. Is there some way to sync the two phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 hongler

Anam,

Simplest way in IME would be:

On your Desire, go to your People app, press menu, Import/Export, export to SD card, select Phone and note the path of the saved VCF file.

Then, using a file manager such as Astro, find the saved VCF file, long press and select send, then select Bluetooth and send to your Iphone.

Not fully familiar with Iphones but I'd imagine its pretty easy to import that VCF file into your existing Iphone contacts.

HTH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

iPhone does not support VCF like everyone else.

Synch them to Outlook on Pc and then to iPhone

or read http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2792

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

hongler wrote: »
    Anam,

Simplest way in IME would be:

On your Desire, go to your People app, press menu, Import/Export, export to SD card, select Phone and note the path of the saved VCF file.

HTH.

I'd do this and then select Import again but this time load the contacts to a Gmail account.

Then set up the Gmail account on the iPhone using Mail for Exchange and they'll sync down.

Advertisement