Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AM-061 internet?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

well lads,
    does anyone know the computers in AM=061 that have internet. I got lucky a few weeks ago with one that had it but havent been able to find it since. Was it just a one off thing or do some of the computers have internet all the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

well lads,
    does anyone know the computers in AM=061 that have internet. I got lucky a few weeks ago with one that had it but havent been able to find it since. Was it just a one off thing or do some of the computers have internet all the time?

it was probaly a once off the department have asked Itd to restrict acess to the internet in that room becouse it runs engineering software and they want the room to be free for students to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭reunion

The MABE department bought the computers specifically for teaching.

So to discourage people to not use the computers during tutorial hours, they removed the internet. They figured people had laptops anyway, what they didn't realise is there is no/terrrible wireless connection in that room.

The room used to be 24 hours but it isn't anymore so instead they recommend using the computer lab in the B2 corridor which has the same software and an internet connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ivan Offlcockitch

mayo_lad wrote: »
    it was probaly a once off the department have asked Itd to restrict acess to the internet in that room becouse it runs engineering software and they want the room to be free for students to use it

Aw right ya. I thought that alrite...Feck

Advertisement