Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Jezabels (Amazing band)

• 29-11-2011 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭

I'm starting this thread for those of you who haven't yet heard of this amazing four piece band from Sydney.

Active since 2007 they have released four set's of recordings entirely free of corporate intrusion. They have built a steady following on the back of these releases and their famed, blistering live shows.

They sound like no other band around atm imo and dare I say it one of those life changing bands who will influence many bands to come. The lead singer Hayley Mary's multi-octave voice is amazing, one minute Kate Bush, Dolores O'Riordan the next and has been described as "a full-bodied thing capable of all kinds of spine-tingling feats, particularly in the upper octaves". The lyrics are always very articulate if not a bit cryptic at times but always help evoke the same musical landscape that band strive to create.

To complement this Nik Kaloper is a god on the drums. Pianist Heather Shannon and guitarist Sam Lockwood help shape the incredible musical landscape that the band produce. Everyone in the band seems to playing out of their safety zone and to a very high standard. It really has to be heard to be believed.

They have released three EP's and one album thus far. I would recommend listening to the Dark Storm EP first as this is where they really came into their own and perfected their sound.

http://www.thejezabels.com/

Some choice cuts

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Maybe this might get a better response in Alternative & Indie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Or in 'Band Promotion' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm starting this thread for those of you who haven't yet heard of this amazing four piece band from Sydney.

Active since 2007 they have released four set's of recordings entirely free of corporate intrusion. They have built a steady following on the back of these releases and their famed, blistering live shows.

They sound like no other band around atm imo and dare I say it one of those life changing bands who will influence many bands to come. The lead singer Hayley Mary's multi-octave voice is amazing, one minute Kate Bush, Dolores O'Riordan the next and has been described as "a full-bodied thing capable of all kinds of spine-tingling feats, particularly in the upper octaves". The lyrics are always very articulate if not a bit cryptic at times but always help evoke the same musical landscape that band strive to create.

To complement this Nik Kaloper is a god on the drums. Pianist Heather Shannon and guitarist Sam Lockwood help shape the incredible musical landscape that the band produce. Everyone in the band seems to playing out of their safety zone and to a very high standard. It really has to be heard to be believed.

They have released three EP's and one album thus far. I would recommend listening to the Dark Storm EP first as this is where they really came into their own and perfected their sound.

http://www.thejezabels.com/

Some choice cuts

Christ, talk about diamonds and dog****. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Will have to give these a good listen to when I get the chance, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Been raving about them to friends for ages. Great band

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Stop giving us your pop music Pron!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

This band is so good , real singing and real instruments, so no X-factor fans need watch.

You forgot Trycolour, their new song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

This is probably their best song.

Disco Biscuit Love

They got some of the best reviews at Electric Picnic this year. By the crowd as well as journalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Battlejuice

Based on the reviews here I went to see this band in the button factory tonight and they were nothing short of amazing. Absolutely amazing band. What a performance and what talent. Pure brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I wouldn't call them AMAZING...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Going tonight. Any support? What time were they onstage?

Saw them at Electric Picnic in 2012 and also saw them in Nottingham last week. They are excellent live; Hayley's voice has a ridiculous range! I bought a copy of The Brink and they signed it for me! :D The album is good, a bit poppier than Prisoner was. "Look of Love" and "Psychotherapy" may be the two best songs they've done yet.

Advertisement