Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance in Brazil

Options
  • 29-11-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Hi

This is kind of a weird one and probably requires someone who's been in that spot. I'm going to brazil with my brazilian girlfriend in December and I need to organise insurance. Obviously I'll be taking backpacker insurance for the first while, when I am over there but I'm not sure whether to get it for 1year or only for the 1st 3 months. When I'm there I'd like to get proper health insurance ala VHI over here. Its not so expensive for Brazilians (approximately 50-70euro per month for the year), but I was wondering if anyone knows can an Irish person take out health insurance over there? And if so how easy/complicated it is adn the cost?

If anyone can give me any advise or even advise where to contact looking for more details, that would be great.

Thanks
    Regards
    Ian

Advertisement