Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windoews: How important is WEP cert?

Options
  • 29-11-2011 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi all, we're planning to get our windows changed in the new year and are getting quotes now. Just noticed that some of the companies we have been in touch with are not on the NSAI window energy performance (WEP) scheme - here.

I'm not really sure how this will affect us. Are we mad to consider anyone not on this? Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,592 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Its a good scheme to have as its an extra certification for the windows, however the selection of companies on it is so small that i certainly wouldnt restrict myself to just that list.

There are no non irish companies on it, and most of the higher performance windows of the last 5-6 years have been european.... although irish companies are now catching up with better performing windows.

Advertisement