Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night/Day timer is not correct

Options
  • 29-11-2011 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I live in an apartment block of six with all meters grouped together on the exterior wall of the block. from my last bill I have a feeling that the meter clock that controls day/night rate is not accurate.

This morning at 7am I could clearly see that units on the day meter being used while I should still be charged night rate.

Looking at this timer I am unable to determine the present time on it, it looks like a big immersion timer but i cant determine the present time which has to be wrong.

Who do I call to have this looked at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi johneire31,

The night rate should be coming into effect from 11pm until 8am the following morning, so if you're being charged the day rate at 7am the timer is clearly out of sync.

To have this rectified, you can either call 1850 372 372, email us, or send us a PM here on boards. Include the following details so we can ensure your query is dealt with as soon as possible:
    • Your account number and the address of the property
    • Your contact number and date of birth (for account security)
    We may be able to get you an appointment to have this fixed before Friday. Your account would subsequently be adjusted to reflect the rates you should have been charged.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement