Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birds/Birdcages

• 29-11-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭

Any links to a good place to get a bird and cage in Dublin? or information relating to same?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Bird is a bit general what type of bird exactly?

For cages you could try zooplus.ie/uk we got our tiels cage from there and it's brilliant and worked out a lot cheaper than buying from a shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Bird is a bit general what type of bird exactly?

For cages you could try zooplus.ie/uk we got our tiels cage from there and it's brilliant and worked out a lot cheaper than buying from a shop.

Yeah, sorry. My wife wants to get a bird, so I'm trying to research things so we get a good/easy to maintain one that is also luckily the most beautiful one in the world and can sing like an angel. Not going to rush into getting a pet, like.

A house bird that is smallish and nice. I'm easygoing on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's still a bit general because birds don't only sing most of them can be pretty loud unless maybe something like a canary but keeping one on their own isn't fair on the bird eg if you get a budgie it's important that if you can't give the budgie the same amount of time as you would a dog for instance, then the budgie should have another budgie for company.

There are so many types of birds out there, I think if you figure out how much time you have to give the bird, how much money you are willing to spend on a cage and on the bird this will help determine the type of bird to get. Also obviously a lot of bird breeders are not genuine they are in it for the money and breed very unhealthy birds so it's important to seek out a responsible breeder once you figure out what type of bird you want.

Usually the larger the bird the more expensive and more demanding they are.

If you haven't had birds before then it's best to start off with canaries or budgies being smaller they can be tricky to handle but budgies are very happy once they have company, plenty of toys and space, good diet etc. Once their basics are taken care of, they are an easy going bird, look nice and do chirp away for hours.

Ensure whatever cage you get isn't round, these aren't suitable for any birds. If you can narrow down the type of bird you want to get it'll be easier to suggest cages, and toys etc.
    Cockatiels are really sweet birds, loud, but sweet I find them easier to handle than budgies they're not as fiddley but then again budgies can be more cheeky.

Advertisement