Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom rep trying to change old persons contract

Options
  • 29-11-2011 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

My father is in his 70's and got a call from an eircom sales rep telling him he could get a cheaper deal if he changed his plan. Can't remember the exact name of the package he is on (something like talktime talker) but he was told he would save money and it would suit him better.

Luckily enough he called me to ask about it. It turns out it was the off peak package that they were trying to sell him. The person I spoke to agreed that that package was not suitable for him since most of his calls were daytime ones and whaterver he would save he would more than make up for in extra call costs.

The rep calling should be checking his facts if he is telling someone that a different package would suit them better. It's obvious by my fathers details that he is a pensioner.

This is either a silly mistake by a rep or else a commission grabbing underhand way of duping an elderly person.

Is this an eircom tactic??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

gramlab wrote: »
    My father is in his 70's and got a call from an eircom sales rep telling him he could get a cheaper deal if he changed his plan. Can't remember the exact name of the package he is on (something like talktime talker) but he was told he would save money and it would suit him better.

Luckily enough he called me to ask about it. It turns out it was the off peak package that they were trying to sell him. The person I spoke to agreed that that package was not suitable for him since most of his calls were daytime ones and whaterver he would save he would more than make up for in extra call costs.

The rep calling should be checking his facts if he is telling someone that a different package would suit them better. It's obvious by my fathers details that he is a pensioner.

This is either a silly mistake by a rep or else a commission grabbing underhand way of duping an elderly person.

Is this an eircom tactic??

Hi gramlab,

Can you private message me with your fathers eircom aocount number and I will check that out for you.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement