Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any help for dental work?

• 29-11-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Are there any payment or any financial help to get dental work done? I get €95 per week and the dental work I need done is €400.

Any and all help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Try the CWO- they sometimes hand out money for exceptionel needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Do you have a medical card..........

You can get a checkup, two fillings and a tooth extraction free per year with the medical card.....

Don't know if that helps????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Get a letter from your dentist stating what you need done and the cost. Take it to your social welfare officer. They probably won't be able to give you an answer there and then as there is a hierarchy which decides on such things. You might not get the full amount but you might get something towards it. You might not even get anything, but I have found that if you are not a regular visitor then they are usually fair.

Alternatively as another poster said on the medical car you can get 2 fillings per year, however I believe that on the medical card you are entitled to unlimited extractions.

Anyway best of luck, hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Bring letter from dentist, proof of income, some bills maybe a budget to you Community welfare officer

in my experience anything helps fight your case as much documentation as possible of why this is necessary now! and why you cannot and willnot be able to afford it

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replies guys.

I need to have a root canal done, hence the high cost.

I will ask in my local Social Welfare office and see what they say.

Fingers crossed they can help me out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement